1 yr. apartment rental - October 2012

heyitsamber

Registered
Hello!
I'm looking for an apartment in Palermo, San Telmo, Downtown, or the surrounding neighborhoods starting this October for a year.
In an attempt to learn the ropes of apartment hunting in BA and to not get ripped off, I was hoping someone here had some advice about how to go about this while still in the States or when we get there.
There are two of us. We are low key and clean. We currently pay $700 USD/month, utilities included, and would like to keep it at that.
Is it possible to find a one bedroom in a decent neighborhood for that price?

Palermo, San Telmo, Downtown and surrounding neighborhoods? Thats half the city. I think you should be able to find a good 1 bedroom for that price but that will be the bottom of the price range.

I'd reccomend checking out some traditional middle class argentine neighborhoods like Caballitio and Villa crespo as well.

I wouldn't get terribly paranoid, Amber. There are thousands of us here who have rented many apartments without encountering any problem. Unfortunately, problems do happen from time to time, but they're really not all that common. When they do happen, they get a lot of attention on the forum, as they should.

If you'd like, PM me with an email address, and I'll put you in touch with agents who do a good job and are trustworthy. There are lots of them, btw.

$700 USD with utilities included? I assume you need furnished too?

That is not going to get you much, especially in Palermo. Maybe with some luck you'll find a studio, but that is rather doubtful. Utilities have just increased by 70% here, so rents are rising too.

hi Amber, i have a studio apartment with a private roof terrace that is rented out short term to tourists, but I would be willing to consider a one year contract. It's on Av Estado de Israel, one block from Av Cordoba, 4 blocks from the subte. It has heating and AC, a double bed, dining area, kitchen area, bathroom, wifi, weekly cleaner and a private patio as well as the terrace. Including the utilities, the price is currently US$700 pcm. Let me know if you're interested.

Hi, my name is Melina, I'm from Buenos Aires, but I'm currently living in San Francisco, California. I have an apartment in Buenos Aires located in Belgrano R, Capital Federal, which is going to be available since June, 2012.
The apartment has a fully-equipped kitchen, living room, 1 (one) bedroom, and 1 (one) full bathroom. Covered Area: 33.53 m2
It is fully furnished and equipped.

If you are still looking and have any questions about it write me an email: [email protected]

Good Luck!

Melina.

Sleuth said:
$700 USD with utilities included? I assume you need furnished too?

That is not going to get you much, especially in Palermo. Maybe with some luck you'll find a studio, but that is rather doubtful. Utilities have just increased by 70% here, so rents are rising too.

Untill people stop paying, I think international tourism is already down and more people moving away

Back