10 Nations With The Least Favorable Impression Of The U.s.

Aren't the drones pretty much limited by "lag" which is always going to be there.
A combination of AI and a pilot close by on the ground would probably work though.

I don't know that much about them. Not sure. They came after my flying days. It will be interesting to see how they develop both the competence and strategy. I could see a scenario where jet is manned and has a wing man (or 3) unmanned all working in coordination. A good example is Wild Weasel where two jets work in tandem. The first jet flies low over enemy terrain trying to get surface-to-air missiles to lock on him. His wing man flies behind ready to counter-strike the missile battery. Why put pilots at risk in the first jet? Just use a drone.

Naval aviators like GS are members of one of the most elite groups in the world...especially US Navy fighter pilots....the absolute cream of the crop. To graduate from their flight training program requires a combination of fearless intelligence and a need for speed that few of us possess. I was fortunate to be able to work with these brave men as an aviator for Eastern Airlines for many years and always felt honored by their presence and flying skills in the cockpit.
Besides, you gotta love a inline skating, doctor pepper lover that is married to a smokin' hot brazilian living the good life in my beloved Argentina. It doesn't get any better than that!
Semper fi amigo!

Naval aviators like GS are members of one of the most elite groups in the world...especially US Navy fighter pilots....the absolute cream of the crop. To graduate from their flight training program requires a combination of fearless intelligence and a need for speed that few of us possess. I was fortunate to be able to work with these brave men as an aviator for Eastern Airlines for many years and always felt honored by their presence and flying skills in the cockpit.
Besides, you gotta love a inline skating, doctor pepper lover that is married to a smokin' hot brazilian living the good life in my beloved Argentina. It doesn't get any better than that!
Semper fi amigo!

Did you just make another profile Dirtboy? ; )

Somehow, for all of our technology, we are still just fancier versions of the apes you see at the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey, excited to kill. Seems we have some kind of problem stepping past that phase of our evolution. When I think about the actions of the US, I usually get a sick feeling in my stomach for the things I don't do or haven't done to take a stand against wars of aggression, empire building, the drone program, erosion of liberty, etc etc etc. Paying taxes there is like giving your lunch money to the neighborhood bully, knowing he's going to buy a handgun. Yay - my dime helps kill brown people all over the world on its way into the hands of the one percent. I'm so proud of myself.

A top 10 list doesn't do the idea justice - we're making enemies all over the world.

Somehow, for all of our technology, we are still just fancier versions of the apes you see at the beginning of 2001 A Space Odyssey, excited to kill. Seems we have some kind of problem stepping past that phase of our evolution. When I think about the actions of the US, I usually get a sick feeling in my stomach for the things I don't do or haven't done to take a stand against wars of aggression, empire building, the drone program, erosion of liberty, etc etc etc. Paying taxes there is like giving your lunch money to the neighborhood bully, knowing he's going to buy a handgun. Yay - my dime helps kill brown people all over the world on its way into the hands of the one percent. I'm so proud of myself.

A top 10 list doesn't do the idea justice - we're making enemies all over the world.

Amen brother. Sadly, the US has lost its moral compass and no longer represents the ideals and principles upon which it was founded, not even close. Even more sad, most Americans don't seem to know nor care.

Even sadder still, I'm liable to get a knock on my door from the FBI just for making this post.

Caliexpat, with all the stuff I have posted, there hasn't been an FBI knock on my door, though I may be in their sights. So I suspect you're pretty safe, though I know what you're talking about. I'm a die-hard constitutionalist. I approve of very little that is going on now. But I don't know what to think about Argentina. I was surprised by where Argentina stands on this chart. I don't get that in my daily life here. I find people good, respectful, and friendly. Yet I have had subscribers to my newsletter who wanted to meet with me here tell me of people here telling them to "Go home." (The last people happened to be from London so it was mistaken identity on the part of aggressive Argentines). But no one has ever said that to me in all my travels here. I have run into it in Uruguay and Chile, but not Argentina.

I have an Argentine friend who is intensely critical of fellow Argentines. I like to practice castellano when I have a chance and I was with this friend in Starbucks in Palermo, joking with about six people behind the counter. They were laughing and gathering for the conversation and I was having a great time. When I returned to the table my friend was very disapproving. She said, "They are ridiculing you and you don't even know it." I said "well if they enjoy it so do I so even if it IS ridicule, nothing is lost." And I meant it. I don't know if she is telling the truth. She just tells me how terrible they are and two-faced-- which I think is largely true, the two-faced part. But I like them anyway.

Another friend returned to the States and wrote me that she thinks Americans are going to be in danger everywhere when the truth is known about what the US has done--shipping their inflation around the world, drone attacks killing innocents, babies born deformed in war areas from the depleted uranium. I disapprove of all that myself but I can't change it! Several people here, including my real estate agent, told me I should say I am from Canada. So I asked my attorney, Gabriel Celano (whom I dearly love, he's wonderful) and he said, "They must be kidding. EVERYONE here wishes they could live in the States." So I get conflicting messages from people I respect.

I met a man at one of the economics meetings (I love those meetings and wish we had more of them) of this expat group who has been here 33 years and still likes it. I know a woman who came here 14 years ago from Switzerland (where I hear most people wish they lived as well) and she loves Argentina and has no intention of going anywhere--after 14 years here!

So I wonder if the figure given here is correct and who was interviewed to get their figures. The article doesn't elaborate as far as I can see. Incidentally, gsi16386 interesting post.

Did you just make another profile Dirtboy? ; )

Obviously no. If I made another profile to say good things about myself if would include the phrase, "Gee Mr. GS. You're the greatest!" hahahaha.

Thanks for the note, piaprada. I used to fly Eastern with my parents when I was a kid (ouch - sorry). I met a young Naval Aviator who flies the F/A-18 Growler last year. When he learned when I graduated from Flight School he asked, "Wow, so you actually flew Skyhawks?" It would be like me asking a grey haired aging flyer, "Wow, so you actually flew Corsairs with the Black Sheep Squadron?" He had that same look of amazement. OMG - I'm getting old!

Caliexpat, with all the stuff I have posted, there hasn't been an FBI knock on my door, though I may be in their sights. So I suspect you're pretty safe, though I know what you're talking about. I'm a die-hard constitutionalist. I approve of very little that is going on now. But I don't know what to think about Argentina. I was surprised by where Argentina stands on this chart. I don't get that in my daily life here. I find people good, respectful, and friendly. Yet I have had subscribers to my newsletter who wanted to meet with me here tell me of people here telling them to "Go home." (The last people happened to be from London so it was mistaken identity on the part of aggressive Argentines). But no one has ever said that to me in all my travels here. I have run into it in Uruguay and Chile, but not Argentina.

I have an Argentine friend who is intensely critical of fellow Argentines. I like to practice castellano when I have a chance and I was with this friend in Starbucks in Palermo, joking with about six people behind the counter. They were laughing and gathering for the conversation and I was having a great time. When I returned to the table my friend was very disapproving. She said, "They are ridiculing you and you don't even know it." I said "well if they enjoy it so do I so even if it IS ridicule, nothing is lost." And I meant it. I don't know if she is telling the truth. She just tells me how terrible they are and two-faced-- which I think is largely true, the two-faced part. But I like them anyway.

Another friend returned to the States and wrote me that she thinks Americans are going to be in danger everywhere when the truth is known about what the US has done--shipping their inflation around the world, drone attacks killing innocents, babies born deformed in war areas from the depleted uranium. I disapprove of all that myself but I can't change it! Several people here, including my real estate agent, told me I should say I am from Canada. So I asked my attorney, Gabriel Celano (whom I dearly love, he's wonderful) and he said, "They must be kidding. EVERYONE here wishes they could live in the States." So I get conflicting messages from people I respect.

I met a man at one of the economics meetings (I love those meetings and wish we had more of them) of this expat group who has been here 33 years and still likes it. I know a woman who came here 14 years ago from Switzerland (where I hear most people wish they lived as well) and she loves Argentina and has no intention of going anywhere--after 14 years here!

So I wonder if the figure given here is correct and who was interviewed to get their figures. The article doesn't elaborate as far as I can see. Incidentally, gsi16386 interesting post.
Arlean, Don't let others use their life agenda to change yours. I've met people like the friends you describe, baexpats inc,, who have their own ego issues to address....let it flow off you. You've come to Bsas to enjoy and contribute to the country so don't let the small people get you down. By all means listen to constructive criticism if they offer it but otherwise let the naysayers go fix their own personality issues elsewhere!

Best part is Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Turkey are consistent top tenners in recipients of US military aid. Bonus points if you can spell out why there is such a high correlation between the two.
Hey EdRodney How are the brother's treated in Argentina? I am planning to move there this year time to get out of Babylon

Arlean, I really wouldn't worry too much about how Americans are perceived by Argentines nor by any other group of people. People who have intelligence will know that just because a government acts one way, does not mean its people act or believe in the same manner. I would not let this stop me from living in Argentina. That being said, there are other SA countries that I feel are just as nice or better such as Ecuador.

Live your life and create your own reality. It sounds like you're already doing that ;)

Unfortunately, many people do not possess critical thinking skills because they have been brain washed by their country's government or mainstream press, when it suits them to find a scapegoat or to create a distraction from more important issues. They use emotion rather than logic when arriving to a conclusion. Just look at the ridiculous circus that the Trayvon Martin case has degenerated into.

Back