110 Voltage help

Really good advice everyone. Thank you!
Tigre, you are completely right about the fact that I should have given everything away, however I was in a situation where I had 2 days to move everything from two separate storage units and a garage that were already packed tight and send it to the container. While watching the movers load the truck, I laughed out loud about the stuff I was shipping because I knew the vast majority of what was in the boxes I didnt need, and I saw lamps and boxes of extension cables, power tools and even cassette tapes that I knew would be useless here. However, their simply wasnt the time to go through each box to sort out what we should keep. I also figured that people here would be much more appreciative of the things I could give away than in the US. I look forward to finally opening up everything and giving it away!

Really good advice everyone. Thank you!
Tigre, you are completely right about the fact that I should have given everything away, however I was in a situation where I had 2 days to move everything from two separate storage units and a garage that were already packed tight and send it to the container. While watching the movers load the truck, I laughed out loud about the stuff I was shipping because I knew the vast majority of what was in the boxes I didnt need, and I saw lamps and boxes of extension cables, power tools and even cassette tapes that I knew would be useless here. However, their simply wasnt the time to go through each box to sort out what we should keep. I also figured that people here would be much more appreciative of the things I could give away than in the US. I look forward to finally opening up everything and giving it away!
Oh, you are welcome.

Like I said, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER THIS. You did the best job you could do under adverse circumstances. It's all part of living a life and growing as a person ... regardless of age ... we just keep learning and getting better. The main thing is you are alive and well ... that's what's important. All this other stuff is secondary. It seems like you have a good grip on things. I salute you. Best wishes and take care always.

the only thing electrical to take from country to country with different voltage systems are communication devices such as cell phones, computers and tablets. WHY? Because they have voltage converters built into their power cables / cords.

not only them, but a lot of appliances like shavers, water flossers. Even most (if not all) large Vizio TVs are dual voltage.

What is usually single voltage -- large laser printers, rice cookers, air friers, shredders.

not only them, but a lot of appliances like shavers, water flossers. Even most (if not all) large Vizio TVs are dual voltage.

What is usually single voltage -- large laser printers, rice cookers, air friers, shredders.
"And to a lesser degree, there are some other items such as international blow dryers, irons etc ... that have a 110 / 220 voltage switch. Simply flip the switch and use it with a plug adapter wherever you go."

So ... sure ... shavers and water flossers would be in the mix.

Truthfully, I didn't know about the Vizio TVs, but it makes sense when manufacturing for the world. It serves the consumer very well.

But I just can't imagine lugging a TV across the world. Iff something is small, no problem. BIG and BULKY >>> Get rid of it before the move and re buy it in the new location. That's how I think - but I know other people have different points of view.

I checked all three of my tvs and while on the outside they all said 110, on the inside they said 110/220

I also saw the tv I bought at musimundo for 1500usd for sale at walmart for 450usd recently.

I checked all three of my tvs and while on the outside they all said 110, on the inside they said 110/220

I also saw the tv I bought at musimundo for 1500usd for sale at walmart for 450usd recently.

Clarin reports today that prices of SmartTV's , notebooks , mobiles, electronics, are cheaper in BA than Miami using the Blue Dollar Rate.

Add insult to injury , 12 interest free payments . Bringing electronics to BA is like taking sheep to Newcastle.

i know this doesn't help you now, but when i moved here i planned ahead and bought several transformers of various sizes and shipped them with my moving container to be able to use everything i had that didn't work on 220v. i just didn't want to go through the trouble of selling things and buying new things here.

really, all you need to enable that to work is a transformer plugged into a strategic area and some power strips that work on 220v/110v (yours from the US surely won't and will pop the breaker as soon as you plug them in). i have transformers set up in each room (mainly for my TVs, which work fine) but the power strip can give you a little flexibility plugging stuff in if you need it. just calculate the wattage you need and give yourself plenty of extra as a contingency (if you need 400w in one room, buy an 800w or 1000w).

i have one large one (3000w) in the kitchen i use for my coffee maker, blender, and toaster oven. i just leave it on the counter and plug stuff into it as i need it. it really isn't that big a hassle.

if/when i need to replace appliances i'll buy them here so i can reduce the dependency on the transformers. but if you want to use what you have it shouldn't be too hard to do it that way.

Hi JB, could you expand on this? I am in the US and all 3 of my late-model LCD TVs have a label by the power input that says 110. Where are you looking "on the inside"?

Hi JB, could you expand on this? I am in the US and all 3 of my late-model LCD TVs have a label by the power input that says 110. Where are you looking "on the inside"?

Crack the back of the TV off and look on board that the power connects to. You should see the voltages listed that the board will work with. IMG-20200626-WA0000.jpg

Por ejemplo, this TV only says 110v on the back panel but when you check the board, it says 110-240

Back