19 Year Old Bilingual, What Kind Of Job/salary Can I Expect?

Also, to clarify, I've already visited Argentina a lot, I know a lot of people there, although I don't have family there. My family will not be financially supporting me, I'll be on my own, but I will move with a good amount saved up, enough to at least live without work for a couple months.
Another question, if I get residencia temporaria, I can get a dni and cuil I believe (?) so then I would be able to work legally and be more competitive, correct?

I work about 15 meters from my bedroom (but not as the crow flies) :)

I write software, so I can work from just about anywhere that has internet. Aside from keeping my clients so I can work in US Dollars, the biggest thing I have to worry about is getting money down here (no small issue, that) and the second biggest the graft I have to pay to the government in the form of monotributista taxes - heh.

I work about 15 meters from my bedroom (but not as the crow flies) :)

I write software, so I can work from just about anywhere that has internet. Aside from keeping my clients so I can work in US Dollars, the biggest thing I have to worry about is getting money down here (no small issue, that) and the second biggest the graft I have to pay to the government in the form of monotributista taxes - heh.

Interesting ... so do you use xoom etc. to get the money down here from your us account? And then declare the ARS amount received as your monotribustista income?

Interesting ... so do you use xoom etc. to get the money down here from your us account? And then declare the ARS amount received as your monotribustista income?

Exactly. I have to create invoices (which are billed to a legitimate corporation in the US), go through the filing (an accountant here does that for me) and the money that comes in is accounted for in white.

Candela I admire your pluck and courage to want to do something so difficult. But I am DEEPLY concerned that you don't know what you don't know, and therein lies the problem.
It does not necessarily make it easier to work with a temporary DNI. most employers, services, banks , etc don't want to be bothered making sure you've been renewed or keeping track. It just makes it legal for you to work. And since so many here work under the table, this isn't the greatest of your problems. Your age is a big problem along with your lack of permanent residency, university education, full time work experience. You will be competing against a pool of no hassle already legal, educated and experienced and more mature (age only!)natives and or permanent residents. The odds are not in your favor.. I would strongly suggest you put this off for a while to gain some competitiveness and then try.
Meanwhile cant these contacts that you've made on your numerous trips here already help you find something? Or what about the time honored nanny routine? At least you'd be supported while seeing if ARG is really what you want....best of luck

Exactly. I have to create invoices (which are billed to a legitimate corporation in the US), go through the filing (an accountant here does that for me) and the money that comes in is accounted for in white.

So do you create two invoices: One with the dollar amount that you sent to the us client and one that you create with the peso amount (the amount you actually receive here from xoom etc.) for the books?

Actually the nanny route wouldnt be a terrible option for an experience of living in Argentina, maybe you should try that for a year and then decide. The pay will be pretty awful but if you got a live in position at least rent is taken care of, though the dependencias are usually teensy. The problem would be finding a family close to capital, and to find a family that understands the difference between a nanny and a cleaning lady.

Candela I admire your pluck and courage to want to do something so difficult. But I am DEEPLY concerned that you don't know what you don't know, and therein lies the problem.
It does not necessarily make it easier to work with a temporary DNI. most employers, services, banks , etc don't want to be bothered making sure you've been renewed or keeping track. It just makes it legal for you to work. And since so many here work under the table, this isn't the greatest of your problems. Your age is a big problem along with your lack of permanent residency, university education, full time work experience. You will be competing against a pool of no hassle already legal, educated and experienced and more mature (age only!)natives and or permanent residents. The odds are not in your favor.. I would strongly suggest you put this off for a while to gain some competitiveness and then try.
Meanwhile cant these contacts that you've made on your numerous trips here already help you find something? Or what about the time honored nanny routine? At least you'd be supported while seeing if ARG is really what you want....best of luck

This.

If you don't have parental support seriously do not come. I came with $20,000 ars and it was gone right away. Even with USD it isn't cheap. Also, I have a temp DNI and no bank will give me a credit card or a contract, etc.

I didn't listen to others advise about the issues here and I am now making less than half of minimum wage in every state and my rent is only low as I have an Argentine roommate who's mom put her house of up for security.

If you make say 7,000 ars a month just look at the cost of renting room a room. Likely more than half of your pay is going to go to rent.

By all means move abroad, I encourage it, just pick a safe, stable and non messed up country.

Vacation is one thing, living here is another. There is a reason why Argentines will always ask why you moved here.

Back