2-hour passport at Ezeiza? (pasaporte al instante)

camel

Registered
Has anyone done this Pasaporte al Instante at Ezeiza lately?

It says 2-6 hours to get your passport. Just enough time to take a walk through the nice neighborhoods around Ezeiza.

Not lately, but my mom was traveling with her friend pre-covid (both dual nationals), and when traveling back to the US her friend either lost her Argie passport on the way to the airport or didn't notice it had expired (can't remember). She did the pasaporte al instante and it works just as described on that page - no surprises.

Update: When I arrived to Ezeiza today, I went by the passport office at about 11:05am. The first guy I talked to said I had to wait 6 months or something. I'm not sure why he said that, it seemed like he was just screwing with me. Anyway I said it has been 6 months. He said, "no it says here agosto 2020". I said yes, that's more than 6 months. They took my photo, took my US credit card, charged it US $220.20, and said check back in 1 hour. I checked back and they said come back in 15 minutes. I went back at 12:23pm and it was ready. I have my passport.

Update: When I arrived to Ezeiza today, I went by the passport office at about 11:05am. The first guy I talked to said I had to wait 6 months or something. I'm not sure why he said that, it seemed like he was just screwing with me. Anyway I said it has been 6 months. He said, "no it says here agosto 2020". I said yes, that's more than 6 months. They took my photo, took my US credit card, charged it US $220.20, and said check back in 1 hour. I checked back and they said come back in 15 minutes. I went back at 12:23pm and it was ready. I have my passport.
so no issue coming in on the us passport?

so no issue coming in on the us passport?

None. in fact I almost forgot it could have been an issue.

Now I have to figure out how to change my DNI number in the MiArgentina app.

None. in fact I almost forgot it could have been an issue.

Now I have to figure out how to change my DNI number in the MiArgentina app.

You cannot. I just created a new profile with the new DNI number.

Back