2 Months For The State Agency...wtf?

People making money for working is not shameless . Or you expect people to lick your feet for a few pesitos ?

If they worked, that might make sense.
I have no problem with the security deposit or the garantia issues here (given that the law seems to protect the occupant rather than the owner, it makes sense). However, in my experience, the agent/agency does NOTHING (certainly in the case of rentals) except advertise the property in a window...maybe online, and show the potential occupants around. Not only does the agent/agency receive 2 months rent commission from the occupant but they also get paid by the owner (I don't know how much). In the UK, the agents will call you, offer you potential properties you might like, help sort out the contract, hold the deposit and will then usually act as a point of contact should there be any problems with the apartment/owner. Here, once they check your guarantee, they disappear off the face of the planet...They must work a maximum of half a day for such a massive commission and don't want to know if you have any issues with the property/landlord afterwards.
Also, take a look at rentals now. Most average 1 bedrooms are between 3,500 and 4,500 pesos/month. High-end apartments are more likely to be got at over 8-10 grand if not more. That's a prohibitive amount of commission to come up with just to move rentals.

Not only does the agent/agency receive 2 months rent commission from the occupant but they also get paid by the owner (I don't know how much).

The reason why you don't know is because you're wrong. They only charge commission from the occupant, unless the owner is really silly or made a really bad deal.

Argentina is the first country I know where the occupant is supposed to pay for the commission of state agencies. I don't mind pay for good work, besides, but to pay for sending you pics and opening the door...that's nothing but to screw you. And I'm not a stupid!
And I just heard that occupants may refuse to pay these two months commission, is this so?

Argentina is the first country I know where the occupant is supposed to pay for the commission of state agencies. I don't mind pay for good work, besides, but to pay for sending you pics and opening the door...that's nothing but to screw you. And I'm not a stupid!
And I just heard that occupants may refuse to pay these two months commission, is this so?

Wake up Mariano! Things here don´t work the way you like them to work. They work differently. 2 months or 5% of the total contract is the standard. You might find a RE agent willing to go with 1 1/2 months commission. In my experience when you rent directly from the owner, the rent is in general more expensive, so you end up spending the same amount of money really. You might be able to talk them into 1 month deposit, or paying the RE commission in payments through 2 or 3 months.

I just paid two months as a fee. I was happy to do so because my agent negotiated a 3 month month bond for a 2 year contract with a one year break, with no garantia. I was able to provide a bank letter and a letter of good standing from Canada, although that was not needed. I suggest you speak to my agent and I will provide an email if you want it PM me.

Wake up Mariano! Things here don´t work the way you like them to work. They work differently. 2 months or 5% of the total contract is the standard. You might find a RE agent willing to go with 1 1/2 months commission. In my experience when you rent directly from the owner, the rent is in general more expensive, so you end up spending the same amount of money really. You might be able to talk them into 1 month deposit, or paying the RE commission in payments through 2 or 3 months.

Wake up Mariano! This is a totally annoying country and don't expect things to work ;)

Why not just find somewhere on Craigs list for a bit then perhaps rent direct with the owner or Argprop?
You can find some pretty decent places on Craigs list if you look outside the normal tourist hell holes like Palermo and San Telmo.

Craiglist is crazy, the flats ads there r too expensive

Yeah there are a lot of expensive places but if you look there are some cheaper places that include bills in their price.
Might be a good option to start off with.

Back