2 Months For The State Agency...wtf?

As a former renter I can sympathize -- the prices are high, but you can't really expect to pay less than the price the market demands. And the real estate people have to pay photgraphers, a lawyer to write up the contract, taxes, etc in addition to dealing with all sorts of headaches that you may not be aware of.

As a former renter I can sympathize -- the prices are high, but you can't really expect to pay less than the price the market demands. And the real estate people have to pay photgraphers, a lawyer to write up the contract, taxes, etc in addition to dealing with all sorts of headaches that you may not be aware of.

Shame the 'market' is totally controlled by landlords that are buying up more and more property thus squeezing people even more.

Wake up Mariano! Things here don´t work the way you like them to work. They work differently. 2 months or 5% of the total contract is the standard. You might find a RE agent willing to go with 1 1/2 months commission. In my experience when you rent directly from the owner, the rent is in general more expensive, so you end up spending the same amount of money really. You might be able to talk them into 1 month deposit, or paying the RE commission in payments through 2 or 3 months.

Hahha classic local thing to say when someone complains that the system here is total bollocks.

The reason why you don't know is because you're wrong. They only charge commission from the occupant, unless the owner is really silly or made a really bad deal.

That has always been the case for every apartment I've rented here on local (2 year) terms...4

Back