2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

i'd sure like to know which remis company was being used from EZE. i haven't seen it mentioned in any articles so far.

This British Family group was targeted at the Airport? and attacked at the Hotel. The Tourists RESISTED the Attack ! not a good strategy..!

This British Family group was targeted at the Airport? and attacked at the Hotel. The Tourists RESISTED the Attack ! not a good strategy..!
I had thought you said yesterday "Not likely they were followed from the Airport..! The Best spot to grab expensive stuff is at the door of the Faena, makes you a target. Why so many chorros ? maybe they were hired to do a hit job, sicarios?"

I wonder when one should resist? If one's wife, elderly father (as here), child, neighbour, is being attacked and threatened? How can we gauge that it is always best to let attackers do whatever they want, hoping they will only rob and run away? I was attacked at Pelligrini in that two young chorros grabbed a chain around my neck and nearly choked me as they attempted to break it and run off: I was so furious I gave chase across 12-16 lanes of traffic and finally caught the boy and smacked him across the face while his brother or friend was trying to hit me with a bag. No permanent remedy but that boy was finally terrified and may think twice before assaulting someone again.

I had thought you said yesterday "Not likely they were followed from the Airport..! The Best spot to grab expensive stuff is at the door of the Faena, makes you a target. Why so many chorros ? maybe they were hired to do a hit job, sicarios?"

I wonder when one should resist? If one's wife, elderly father (as here), child, neighbour, is being attacked and threatened? How can we gauge that it is always best to let attackers do whatever they want, hoping they will only rob and run away? I was attacked at Pelligrini in that two young chorros grabbed a chain around my neck and nearly choked me as they attempted to break it and run off: I was so furious I gave chase across 12-16 lanes of traffic and finally caught the boy and smacked him across the face while his brother or friend was trying to hit me with a bag. No permanent remedy but that boy was finally terrified and may think twice before assaulting someone again.

I have read NEW info and it seems the band members captured, targeted potential wealthy victims at the Airport arriving from USA and Europe?
Most tourists that in the past resisted attacks got seriously injured or dead. The Frenchmen, Swedish, Canadian, British, etc.
The advise is to surrender your valuables without resistance..!

You were lucky that the assailant's friend didn't stab you on the liver. You would now be a casualty..! Pretty expensive lesson for a Gold? chain..! .
Hope others are not encouraged to take justice in their hands?

I have read NEW info and it seems the band members captured, targeted potential wealthy victims at the Airport arriving from USA and Europe?
Most tourists that in the past resisted attacks got seriously injured or dead. The Frenchmen, Swedish, Canadian, British, etc.
The advise is to surrender your valuables without resistance..!

You were lucky that the assailant's friend didn't stab you on the liver. You would now be a casualty..! Pretty expensive lesson for a Gold? chain..! .
Hope others are not encouraged to take justice in their hands?
I wonder if you also noted that the gang was discovered when a biker courageously interrupted another motochorro robbery and then passers by as I understand held him while the police were called. Each and every one of these could have been shot or knifed but their intervention led to rapid detection of the hideout and then apprehension of the girlfriend who told them about the Salta entry exit hence the bus arrests. It is not clear that your claim 'most tourists in the past' who resisted 'got seriously injured or dead'. How do you know? Let's assume a simple figure of one thousand attempts and lets assume most tourists dont understand why they shouldnt resist so say (conservative) 300 resist.
We know that the numbers of seriously injured or dead is probably 5-10 fatalities at most per annum of foreign tourists and at most 20-50 serious injury (which seems a pretty wild overestimate but so be it), therefore most resistance is not inevitably met by severe consequences as far as we know or the media would be full of it. Anecdotally I know several argentine and tourist friends who say they best defence is to seem to be strong and fit - classic animal defence - and when clearly being followed by two guys at San Juan subte who looked like they were predators I walked into the light and stood my ground on a corner, as my best option. They turned around and walked in the opposite direction, for whatever reason. A visiting couple of girlfriends said similarly they dont show fear or surrender for the same reason.
So the advice of giving over valuables is probably good in many cases where you know what your options are but other kinds of action are possible and in this airport case resistance and intervention had positive consequences as well as negative ones.
So in contrast to you I hope others find the courage to take justice into their hands when dire necessity of defending oneself or others seems to require it.

Back