2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

They are British not Swedish. 1 in a bad way apparently, bullet could have hit his lung. Happens far too often for my liking. This, the Swedish bloke last year, American in La Boca, Canadian in montserrat, Frenchman in plaza san martin.. yet certain people will still try and pass this place off as “ as safe as any European city”. Take care all

They are British not Swedish. 1 in a bad way apparently, bullet could have hit his lung. Happens far too often for my liking. This, the Swedish bloke last year, American in La Boca, Canadian in montserrat, Frenchman in plaza san martin.. yet certain people will still try and pass this place off as “ as safe as any European city”. Take care all

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a similar list for those European cities too.

What a tragedy. It was a father and son who had just arrived at Eze. The father didn’t survive. The police are checking CC tv cameras to try to ID the culprits.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a similar list for those European cities too.
Feel free to name me a few European cities where you are more likely to be murdered for a mobile phone than Buenos Aires. Bearing in mind this happened in one of the richest parts of the ENTIRE COUNTRY. You would never get that in europe. South London council estate, Parisienne banlieue etc etc, small posibillity. But who would go to those areas? In Buenos Aires you are safe nowhere. Incomparable to Europe

Someone was unlucky enough to get murdered round the corner from my home in london. Stabbed for a mobile phone, died from injuries.

You're less likely to get shot in London, and more likely to survive being stabbed. Such as this woman, who was stabbed in broad daylight in front of her son in Islington by someone trying to steal her mobile phone.

Both of these incidents happened within a week of each other. Neither were particularly newsworthy, I found both doing a quick google. The Puerto Madero incident will be talked about for months, maybe years.

Feel free to name me a few European cities where you are more likely to be murdered for a mobile phone than Buenos Aires. Bearing in mind this happened in one of the richest parts of the ENTIRE COUNTRY. You would never get that in europe. South London council estate, Parisienne banlieue etc etc, small posibillity. But who would go to those areas? In Buenos Aires you are safe nowhere. Incomparable to Europe

The murder rate in Buenos Aires is lower than in most American cities, would you feel unsafe there? Of course not, you just think of Argentina differently.

In most of the mentioned cases, the victims fought rather than not resisting when confronted with men with guns. Hardly great examples.

Someone was unlucky enough to get murdered round the corner from my home in london. Stabbed for a mobile phone, died from injuries.

You're less likely to get shot in London, and more likely to survive being stabbed. Such as this woman, who was stabbed in broad daylight in front of her son in Islington by someone trying to steal her mobile phone.

Both of these incidents happened within a week of each other. Neither were particularly newsworthy, I found both doing a quick google. The Puerto Madero incident will be talked about for months, maybe years.
Oh please. You are talking about citizens in their own country being attacked. That happens everywhere, its day to day stuff, all over the world. I’m talking about tourists being seriously attacked in the country they are holidaying in, which, at least in my life, I have never heard of in London. Shall we bring up statistics on how many Argentines get knifed/gunned down daily for their wallets/phones?

The murder rate in Buenos Aires is lower than in most American cities, would you feel unsafe there? Of course not, you just think of Argentina differently.

In most of the mentioned cases, the victims fought rather than not resisting when confronted with men with guns. Hardly great examples.
Yes I would feel unsafe. America is a completely different kettle of fish to Europe. I would feel more unsafe in Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Miami and many more major cities in the US than I do in Buenos Aires. It’s got nothing to do with what I think of Argentina

Back