2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

This report shows that crime in the safest barrio of Buenos Aires Puerto Madero increased over 150% in 2018 a shocking increase . This clearly shows that the last years were not as secure as many professed. This information seems to have been supressed under Macri now its been released .

cmon perry. you sound like bajo spouting off this kind of nonsense.

when you have low numbers of crime, and it rises, the percentages are going to look bad. i live here. i have noticed no decline or trend to be worried about whatsoever but hey, i'm just one guy.

but to say it as some sort of shocking increase that has been suppressed by macri, please, just stop.

cmon perry. you sound like bajo spouting off this kind of nonsense.

when you have low numbers of crime, and it rises, the percentages are going to look bad. i live here. i have noticed no decline or trend to be worried about whatsoever but hey, i'm just one guy.

but to say it as some sort of shocking increase that has been suppressed by macri, please, just stop.

I am just stating the facts STS did you read the article a 300 percent increase in robberies in 2018 in Puerto Madero . This is a indicator that crime can happen anywhere in the city and also belies the lie that Buenos Aires was safer in the last 4 years . In my experience I have found the streets of Buenos Aires seem much more edgy these days . If poverty increases crime will also

By the way I am a realist not a cultista and do not follow Peronismo nor have one left wing bone in my body . Macri imho implemented polices that were completely anti business and anti capitalism and for this reason I found his administration appallling that has now created the situation that we are in now that Argentina could turn to the deep left which imho is folly at best . I am a moderate and conservative and wish to live in a country that respects human values and potential .

Last edited:
i read the article. you should stop saying 300%. instead say, from 4 to 16 in 2018. but i guess that doesn't have the emotional catch to it does it?

Comon lets not clutch at straws 4 to 16 in one year is a huge increase do you not think ? Puerto Madero is safer definetely than other neighbourhoods in Buenos Aires but the crime figures of 2018 show a general increase of crime.

I also think statistics in Argentina are not accurate. People don't always report crimes because they don't trust the police. I know a LOT of people in BA who have had their homes burglarised and / or who have been robbed on the streets. I cannot say the same for people I know in the UK or the US. And in those countries people DO report crimes to the police. I know that if burglarised in BA I would not report it because I don't want the police coming into my home taking a look at what they can rob so I think there is more crime in BA than we know about.
100% agree. Common sense should tell you that crimes are “up 150%” because most people there are either rich Argentines or tourists, who aren’t used to crime. People in other more working class parts of the city won’t report it because they have an attitude of “whats the point?”, this stuff happens to literally every Argentine and the thief is brought to justice in about 1% of cases, so it’s a waste of time.

100% agree. Common sense should tell you that crimes are “up 150%” because most people there are either rich Argentines or tourists, who aren’t used to crime. People in other more working class parts of the city won’t report it because they have an attitude of “whats the point?”, this stuff happens to literally every Argentine and the thief is brought to justice in about 1% of cases, so it’s a waste of time.

I have been in this city for now 15 years and while its generally safe what differenciates Buenos Aires from other cities in Europe is the level of violence that can happen and the randomness of that violence . Robberries are tremendously under reported . I would say at most 20% are reported while in most cities of Europe this figure would be 80 percent at least .

'Yes I would feel unsafe. America is a completely different kettle of fish to Europe. I would feel more unsafe in Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Miami and many more major cities in the US than I do in Buenos Aires. It’s got nothing to do with what I think of Argentina"

Geeza, Yeah your right BA doesn't reflex the rest of the country... But if I was you and didn't feel safe in a big cosmo city, then ill get heading out to EZE ASAP.

This report shows that crime in the safest barrio of Buenos Aires Puerto Madero increased over 150% in 2018 a shocking increase . This clearly shows that the last years were not as secure as many professed. This information seems to have been supressed under Macri now its been released .

C'on mate !!!

C'on mate !!!

Why are Argentinians so defensive about critisicm ? You ask me to leave Argentina because I made a comment about my reality shame on you ! Australia has over 50000 Argentinians who comment and critisize Australia but we do not say pack your bags and get out . Looks like you want Argentina to limit freedom of expression and censor those very few expats who live here who dare say one minor critisicm of the Glorious Beloved Magnificient Argentina!

Back