2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

In one article I read it claimed that the "marcadores" would hold up signs with false names as to blend in with the other drivers waiting for pickup. It went to say that they would pick victims out based on appearance, if that had fancy watches, etcetera. But, they seemed too lucky. They picked out a guy who was a multi-millionaire. He was said to have booked the combi before arriving to Argentina. If I had to guess, I would assume that they Googled the victims name and saw that he was wealthy or just that the destination was Faena, and planned the robbery ahead of time. I'm wondering if all the robberies happened while the victims used the same transportation company.

For all the flack that the security forces get here, it was quite impressive how they tracked them down so quickly. I hope this doesn't cause a backlash against Venezuelan immigrants. 99% of them are very hard working, decent people.

In one article I read it claimed that the "marcadores" would hold up signs with false names as to blend in with the other drivers waiting for pickup. It went to say that they would pick victims out based on appearance, if that had fancy watches, etcetera. But, they seemed too lucky. They picked out a guy who was a multi-millionaire. He was said to have booked the combi before arriving to Argentina. If I had to guess, I would assume that they Googled the victims name and saw that he was wealthy or just that the destination was Faena, and planned the robbery ahead of time. I'm wondering if all the robberies happened while the victims used the same transportation company.

For all the flack that the security forces get here, it was quite impressive how they tracked them down so quickly. I hope this doesn't cause a backlash against Venezuelan immigrants. 99% of them are very hard working, decent people.
Is it certain they are from Venezuela? One artice said they were Argentinian and another said they were both Argentinian and Venezuelan. I am not sure about the level of info criminals might have. Its unlikely they were fake taxi imposters if they used the red Fiesta from the airport and if they targeted one bag they were pretty incompetent as the motochorro leaves his bike on its side and almost loses it and then has to pick up his accomplice as the Fiesta doesn't wait for the accomplice. Its somewhere between street crime and gangster crime and unless they were tryig to kidnap the older guy for ransom (seems v unlikely) his wealth cannot be the key as they don't seem to rob him but his bag. In any case the minibus driver could have done more in my opinion to assist.

Looking at different cameras and angles its noticeable that the driver of the minibus carrying the luggage and the bellman/porter of the hotel are present and both stand well off from the action even as the attackers wade in manually before weapons used. Within moments of the attackers leaving there are several people attending the injured including two who look like policemen. The main protagonist defender I suppose is the stepson and he takes on three of them vigorously. If I were hotel manager I would arrange for an armed doorman to be now present at all times but especially when limos and minibuses with passengers from the airport are arriving. If we simply hand over the valuables there's a chance the cctv cameras might eventually get the culprits but strong deterrence is better. I honestly don't know what I would do if some guy simply grabbed hold of my bag outside a big hotel. I'd be very tempted to resist.
if you had an armed guard he would need to be willing to use his weapon, is he kills a mugger he ends up in jail like chocobar. this country is just to crazy to be safe.

the bellman and driver probably don't get paid enought to be stubbed/shot/killed on duty that's why they didn't resist

i heard someone had a very expensive watch (the son i think) that's probably the main thing they were after

Last edited:
if you had and armed guard he would need to be willing to use his weapon, is he kills a mugger he ends up in jail like chocobar. this country is just to crazy to be safe.

the bellman and driver probably don't get paid enought to be stubbed/shot/killed on duty that's why they didn't resist

i heard someone had a very expensive watch (the son i think) that's probably the main thing they were after
Fair point but there are police with guns on every street of some districts: are they willing to draw and use their guns? Same with security guards in the centre around the banks. Are they willing to shoot even someone whomugs a bank customer? Probably.

Is it certain they are from Venezuela? One artice said they were Argentinian and another said they were both Argentinian and Venezuelan. I am not sure about the level of info criminals might have. Its unlikely they were fake taxi imposters if they used the red Fiesta from the airport and if they targeted one bag they were pretty incompetent as the motochorro leaves his bike on its side and almost loses it and then has to pick up his accomplice as the Fiesta doesn't wait for the accomplice. Its somewhere between street crime and gangster crime and unless they were tryig to kidnap the older guy for ransom (seems v unlikely) his wealth cannot be the key as they don't seem to rob him but his bag. In any case the minibus driver could have done more in my opinion to assist.

It's a mix, but the one who allegedly pulled the trigger is Venezuelan. Only holding up signs as to blend in while they were picking a victim, not that they would actually take someone for a ride. I can't blame the minibus driver. Are you going to risk your life so that someone doesn't have their baggage stolen?

Angel Eduardo Lozano Azuaje, a 21-year-old Venezuelan, was intercepted by officers 1,000 miles north of Buenos Aires, on a bus heading towards Bolivia.

It's a mix, but the one who allegedly pulled the trigger is Venezuelan. Only holding up signs as to blend in while they were picking a victim, not that they would actually take someone for a ride. I can't blame the minibus driver. Are you going to risk your life so that someone doesn't have their baggage stolen?
Agree with you though its a question of when and where is some action needed: some people recently jumped on a UK muslim terrorist on London bridge after he knifed people, though he was wearing a (fake) suicide explosion vest. Reckless bravery perhaps. If we the see someone being threatened or actually badly hurt (inc sex assault) then we have to decide. It might be just a bag or it might be someone is actually knifed when the robbery goes wrong.

Agree with you though its a question of when and where is some action needed: some people recently jumped on a UK muslim terrorist on London bridge after he knifed people, though he was wearing a (fake) suicide explosion vest. Reckless bravery perhaps. If we the see someone being threatened or actually badly hurt (inc sex assault) then we have to decide. It might be just a bag or it might be someone is actually knifed when the robbery goes wrong.
Fair point

I read that last Friday there was another British tourist held up, in Teodoro Garcia and Villanueva. A passing guy on a motorcycle chased the motochorro, hit him with his helmet, and knocked him off the bike. Bystanders then held him until the police arrived. He was Venezuelan - checking his phone and social web connections they found the rest of the gang.

I Agree about knowing the Victims names before hand, ( But How would they know the Names to google them ??) I think they new exactly who their victims were but did not know where they were staying, That is why they were all seen following from the airport as to stick together, I don't think it was a coincidence that their guy was a Multi - Millionaire and the Son was a JP Morgan Digital Markets Product Manager, They were obviously after the
Computers for some reason as mentioned before .

Back