20% Surcharge For Travel

Just to add a little salt to the wound, the 20% on AR credit cards is retroactive to the 1st of the month.

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/156990-Dlar-turista-el-recargo-de-20-alcanzar-a-todos-los-gastos-de-marzo-cancelados-con-tarjeta-de-crdito

That is not good news :eek: :mad:

In the long run, it could be good news. The sooner those in power realize their policies are unsustainable, or find it impossible to sustain them, the better. At the moment, it's pure Rube Goldberg.

Hmmm purchased some tickets about two hours ago at Delta with pesos for Christmas travel. Paid the 20% and got a nice letter suggesting I apply for a refund at AFIP. Shall see what happens. On again off again....

It's like a dam full of holes with water running out of it all over the place. They try to cork the holes with fingers and toes, but there are too many. Eventually the dam is going to break.

In the long run, it could be good news. The sooner those in power realize their policies are unsustainable, or find it impossible to sustain them, the better. At the moment, it's pure Rube Goldberg.

Rubenvent.jpg

Rube Goldberg: Professor Butts and the Self-Operating Napkin

20% Retroactive??
Am I reading this correctly: 20% to be collected if reservation made and paid for before March1 and reservation (travel) is for sometime in the future?

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/157544-Agencias-de-turismo-cobran-el-recargo-del-20-a-los-que-pagaron-antes-y-viajan-ahora

My travel agent confirmed that travelers that had purchased international tickets before March 18th. when the 20 % surcharge was decreed , had to pay it before leaving, All future surcharges will also be applied before departure date. If you bought a ticket for next Christmas season.

Wow a 20% RadioActive fee.! So the Guvmnt wants to collect or steal 20% of your money.!? Desperate measure excercised in order to stay afloat. The brains in the cabinet are collectively thinking as to how to grab that extra Dollars thus creating newer ways to find that elusive revenue.. So the expats of Argentina has to put up or get out of the country, no other measure....

Back