20% Surcharge For Travel

I've read and am *still* confused if a non-resident can pay in pesos. It would seem that there isn't really any way to prevent that?

Also, 20% surcharge for residents is still only applicable on Arg credit card purchases correct?

Residents pay 20% surcharge on travel overeas cash purchases as well.

20% surcharge is on credit or debit purchases overseas and for cash, credit, or debit purchases of tickets on any form of travel that originates in Argentina with a destination outside of the country. Ie buy a micro ticket to iguazu falls on the argentine side and you will pay normal price. Buy a micro ticket to foz de iguacu on the brazilian side and they will tax you an extra 20%. T me that is the true ridiculousness of this law, to put the tax on travel by micro targets an entirely different population than those traveling by plane!

Despegar.com.ar is back online selling int'l airline tickets with the new AFIP fee. Can someone help me figure this out?

For example: Let's choose Iberia flights EZE-MAD, return
Apr 1st, IB 6846
Apr 15th, IB 6845

The price on int'l tarvel sites is about USD 1,411.
The price on Iberia.com is ARS 7,192 (using official rate, looks like they have not added the 20% yet).
The price on Despegar is ARS 9,026!! which includes:
  • 1 Adulto $ 4.075 <-- the price and the taxes below add up to ARS 7,192 like on Iberia.com, that makes sense.
  • Imp. y tasas $ 3.117
  • Res. 3450 AFIP $ 815 <-- 20% of 4,075, new fee, makes sense.
  • Cargos $ 1.019 <-- what the hell is that?? That hasn't been there before...
Is it an error in their Despegar's new "logic" or is it new greed on their part or something else?

Despegar.com.ar

Note that there is 0 "cargo" on Aerolineas and lower "cargo" on e.g. TAM

http://www.lavoz.com.ar/noticias/politica/afip-considera-malvinas-como-extranjero

Apparently Afip considers the Falklands abroad! good to see Argentina stopping all this malvinas nonsense :D

So let put it simply....few posts a commenting on flights originating in Argentina. If you do buy your flight in Argentina, but originating in Montevideo, do the 20% apply for cash payment?

So let put it simply....few posts a commenting on flights originating in Argentina. If you do buy your flight in Argentina, but originating in Montevideo, do the 20% apply for cash payment?

IMO .YES Argentine dollars must be sent overseas to pay the airline .

What if I buy a ticket EZE to Spain on LAN.com or Iberia.com with my Argy partner's credit card ; don't those websites charge in ARG pesos if leaving form here?

Back