24 hour flight reservation

CarverFan

Registered
What websites let you reserve plane tickets for 24 hours? I need to prove I have a flight booked but don't want to pay upfront. Have done it in the past but can't remember where...Thnx!

Several, although it depends on your destination. I'm not sure you can depart within a 24 hour period for the United States, but I could be wrong. Try Kayak.com and see what comes up.

I don't want to fly out in 24 hours, it's for two weeks ahead, I just want to hold a reservation for 24 hours so I can print it out as proof of a booking. I looked on Kayak and tried BA and Travelocity, but both took me to the checkout without offering the 24-hour hold....

I believe you can do that with Aerolineas. During checkout, if I remember correctly, it gives you the option to go and pay at their office. So they will reserve your seat for 24hrs until payment, otherwise it gets canceled. On Expedia you can also save an itinerary. But either way, I think the printed receipt states something to that effect (unpaid).

Why not just buy a refundable ticket with a credit card and then promptly cancel it? At least then your print-out will show up as paid in full.

Air France

Need more time to think about it?

When you book tickets online, you can now choose our “Time to Think” option to hold your reservation. This new feature saves your reservation and guarantees the same price for up to 14 days.*

This option is available for:
- £10 for Voyageur class** reservations on all flights within metropolitan France and within Europe, and between Europe and North Africa or Israel,
- £15 for reservations in all cabin classes (except La Première)** on all other flights.

To purchase your ticket, simply visit the “Manage your reservations” section. If you do not want to confirm your reservation, it will be automatically canceled at the end of the “Time to Think” period.

Many thanks, will look all these up. Starlucia, bit scared about making a mistake with the small print and not getting a full refund, do you a website or airline that definitely gives full refunds?

Iberia also offer a 24-48 hour holding period, but you may have to be a member of their Frequent Flyer club

glasgowjohn said:
Iberia also offer a 24-48 hour holding period, but you may have to be a member of their Frequent Flyer club
So does LAN - on the same conditions.

Back