27-inch iMac 3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 For Sale

AmitInBA

Registered
I purchased this late 2013, it is in mint condition, includes the wireless keyboard, mouse, and original box.

I am only getting rid of it because it's apparently impossible to ship your belongings internationally if you are a tourist so I'll have to replace it back in the US. Long story. Anyway, it's for sale. Asking price is 1,800 USD. That is at least what it cost me when I bought it and that doesn't include what it cost me to bring it here.

Whatsapp +54 11 6806-8209

With my respect and sympathies, there is not a chance in hell that you're going to sell a non-retina iMac for that kind of money.
When it comes to pricey electronics, people are, generally speaking, not stupid nor naive.
Consider yourself extremely lucky if you make off with 1000.
Rule of thumb when determining what people will pay - check MercadoLibre prices and discount at least 20% if not more.
If only because ML provides some level of guarantee (KHE's monologues notwithstanding) which you cannot.
And on this site, you'd have to go lower if only because people here are more familiar with (and have more access to) global prices.

Also, you're asking the same price as you paid for it? That's not how the second hand market works, products do depreciate, especially in technology where your machine is now considered old. Also, the cost of you shipping it here should not factor into any sale, that was your deal.

PS: And, based on the dates of the offers, it has been for sale for at least three months.

Hell, we can bid here.
Assuming it's in good condition, I'll take it for $450. Seriously.

Thanks, as always, for all the kind, helpful, and useful commentary on this forum. You guys always outdo yourselves.

It was listed as an asking price. I wasn't planning on selling it. I just can't get my stuff out of this country. If anyone wants to drop the shit attitude and spare me lessons about second-hand economics, they can reach me.

If my response came across as preachy, I apologize. Was really not my intention. My point was that 1800 was so out of the league as to sound clueless. Even as an asking price. You may as well have written 3000.

I totally get the bummer of not being able to get it out of here (1), and the bummer of selling something for less than half of what you paid for it.

1. Though a computer should fit in a suitcase, shouldn't be impossible to find someone who can fly it out of here?
If you like, PM me where are you going and I'll see if I can help.

Back