3 Cheers For An Awesome Chiropractor

What RedPossum describes seems a bit different than the chiropractic treatment I am used to.

I went to a chiropractor here, and wound up with a massive hematoma on my neck. Fortunately, it wasn't life-threatening.

Given that episode, I am hesitant to go back to one, but I am tempted to try Birgit. What does she charge?

First time i was in a wheel chair was after being with a "great chiropractor" at NYC. So, no thanks.
The second time was after a car crash, and a accupunture médic from Beijin University made me walk again with the standard médic want to operate me.
Another doctor who follones Mckenzie school fixed me in Long terms.
I suggest this 2 options based in my personal experience.

I agree that it can be risky to go to a chiropractor, which is why I no longer go any more. Many alternative medicine therapies can be risky. An acquaintance's friend had a seizure after a thai massage. I used to go to an American chiropractor here who used to practice an unusual form of chiropractic treatment. She wouldn't pop my bones. She massaged my back and used a metal apparatus to very gently loosen the muscles and move the spine because she feared adverse reactions to harsh and abrupt spinal adjustments. I can't believe the shi* storm one post caused. Let's agree to disagree. No one will win this argument. I went to Birgit once and didn't particularly care for the massage. I liked her personally and thought she was very sweet and knowledgeable, but her massage technique wasn't for me. I'm very happy that others liked her.

Chiropractors are witchdoctors, bottom line. There is no evidence that chiropractic manipulation is effective in treating ANY medical condition. The entire idea behind chiropractic is pseudoscience at best.

Chiropractors are witchdoctors, bottom line. There is no evidence that chiropractic manipulation is effective in treating ANY medical condition. The entire idea behind chiropractic is pseudoscience at best.

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Does chiropractic work for everyone? Of course not. Do all chiropractors perform the best, make no mistakes and always know what they're doing? Of course not.

For every negative case or study you can also find a positive case or study. Like anything, it may not be for everybody. Some things work for a person and some things don't. But to make such a generalizing, blanket, across the board statement is absurd.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/chiropractic-topic-overview

"Visiting a chiropractor for low back pain is actually simple, safe, and usually painless. And a visit to the chiropractor results in relief for many people."

Many chiropractors embrace certain alternative curative treatments that otherwise would not be accessible. One that I saw in the US actually cured me of something that I was told was in curable. I was quite skeptical at the time, but it was 12 years ago and I get checked by MDs and have never had another occurrence!
I'm grateful to those who offer non mainstream approaches--even acupuncture used to be quite alternative and now is often covered in some health insurances (and has been clinically demonstrated effective for certain things) . But I have some now chronic painful conditions that resulted in part from doctors surgical interventions. Bottom line, approach with caution. You only have one body and it's yours for life.

I just went for my first visit with Birgit Brunshoj, and I was amazed in the best way possible.

Now, I've been under the regular care of a chiropractor for some 20 years now, and this was possibly the best spinal adjustment I've ever had.

Understand, we're not talking the traditional chiropractor here, in which they twist you like a pretzel. No, this was activator method chiropractic, which involves the use of a little spring-loaded plunger with a rubber tip, and it's far less stressful on the body. I can't honestly say it was entirely pain-free, it did smart a little bit at times, but the discomfort was absolutely minimal and I feel so much f***ing better afterward that there are just no words to express it.

I will recommend her unequivocally.

www.quirobir.com
[email protected]

Oh, and about that person who claimed to have gotten a really painful massage from her? I asked Birgit about that, and there's another side to the story, but I'll let her tell you herself.

The (slightly) bad news is that she will be out of town for all of July on a brief trip home to Denmark.

On my way there and thanks for the INFO. Chiropractors saved my shoulders and I had treatments in South Korea and Vietnam...
:D

Hi all,

Wanted to revive this post. Considering contacting Birgit for back pain.

Would love to hear about any recent experiences with Birgit or any other practitioners you'd recommend. I like the idea of someone who looks at the body as a whole since I'm also experiencing foot and hip pain and I think it's all related from years of running. Ugh!

Thanks,
Meri

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Does chiropractic work for everyone? Of course not. Do all chiropractors perform the best, make no mistakes and always know what they're doing? Of course not.

For every negative case or study you can also find a positive case or study. Like anything, it may not be for everybody. Some things work for a person and some things don't. But to make such a generalizing, blanket, across the board statement is absurd.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/chiropractic-topic-overview

"Visiting a chiropractor for low back pain is actually simple, safe, and usually painless. And a visit to the chiropractor results in relief for many people."

Last time a visited a chiropractor for low back pain, i couldn t walk for a month and i had pain for 6.
It is dangerous.

I suggest accupunture. There is a chinese doctor on Riobamba between Corrientes And Sarmiento.

Back