3 statements never heard in Arg: "I'm sorry, I was wrong, It won't happen again"

And I believe it is better the Argentine 'honest' way than a fake 'I am sorry', when they really don't mind it and they either don't give a sh*t about your issue.

Amargo said:
And I believe it is better the Argentine 'honest' way than a fake 'I am sorry', when they really don't mind it and they either don't give a sh*t about your issue.
Yes, that's the English or Canadian way.

KarlaBA said:

Possibly so..I'm Irish and when we say sorry we cry tears of blood...:)

KarlaBA said:

Well, there's a major difference here. The English and Canadians are taught from birth that 'if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well'. This ideal manifests itself into just about everything from doing well at one's job (no matter how trivial) to treating others with respect. Obviously there are outliers but this societal ideal is the principal reason why things just simply work in those countries and why, sadly, things just don't work here.

LostinBA said:
Well, there's a major difference here. The English and Canadians are taught from birth that 'if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well'. This ideal manifests itself into just about everything from doing well at one's job (no matter how trivial) to treating others with respect. Obviously there are outliers but this societal ideal is the principal reason why things just simply work in those countries and why, sadly, things just don't work here.
Obviously you are talking about Germany and are just confused. Canadians (not from Quebec) and English are the most passive aggressive people around. They are drilled into them from birth that politeness is super important. That's just it, be polite; doesn't matter what you really think inside. That's the falseness the poster was referring to. As for the quality of the goods produced by them, I have a LandRover so I know just how good the English are at making the worst quality vehicle on the road consistently for 50 years. That being said, if you are only suggesting that Canadian and English are better than Argentinos at better at making products, then I might agree with you. But that isn't saying much.

I can't agree more that the customer service in this country is sh*t.

KarlaBA said:
Obviously you are talking about Germany and are just confused. Canadians (not from Quebec) and English are the most passive aggressive people around. As for the quality of the good produced by them, I have a LandRover so I know just how good the English are at making the worst quality vehicle on the road consistently for 50 years. That being said, if you are only suggesting that Canadian and English are better than Argentinos at better at making products, then I might agree with you. But that isn't saying much.

I think he was making a broader comment more about society in general functioning rather than specific products. Same in the States - many foreign cars are made/designed better than US cars, but overall the society functions a bit better than many things function here.

Of course, one thing we must all keep in mind. Although something like one third of the Argentine population lives in Gran Buenos Aires, Argentina is not Buenos Aires.

It's like comparing New York City to Houston in some ways. I find people to be a bit more abrupt and rude in New York, for example, with not very much care about someone else's problems when related to service (or anything else maybe). Not nearly as strong as the stereotype in my admittedly somewhat limited experience, but definitely there.

However, in Houston, I find the people to be a lot more friendly, a lot more caring even. But that's part of the South, which has a reputation for hospitality - sometimes deservedly, sometimes not.

Similar situation as in comparing BA to Cordoba maybe. I find Cordoba to be a much friendlier place, much cleaner as well. I didn't spend enough time there to know if things function overall better there than here though.

LostinBA said:
Does anyone ever believe that any Argentine in power would ever say these words?

the argentines favorite expression is "no fui yo!" :D

Hello...You right! This words don´t exist. It´s very sad and unfortunate. People here aren´t friendly. Don´t worry! jajaja

Back