3 Strikes Your Out.

simonmicheal

Registered
Customs officer told me that if you pay the overstay fine 3 times then your not allowed back into Argentina.

I've got three overstay fines on my passport, the customs officer would not give me 90 day visa and told me to get the DNI or Tramit. So he let me into the country but did not stamp my passport with the 90 day tourist visa.

Guessing I need to do some paper work if i ever want to leave and come back.

Great to know they are becoming strict with perma-tourists.

Reactions: Joe
do they need to stamp your passport?
I have lived here 5.5 years
and there are no stamps on any of the stay extensions I have received by immigration.

Every three months I go to migraciones, then
pay my 10 Pesos at the Banco de la nacion argentina
and
go back for a stamp on the document with my foto and information....
5.5 years!

I do not understand the system....
I read the documents...
but the reality is different

and there are no stamps on any of the stay extensions I have received by immigration.

and
5.5 years!

I read the documents...

Please forgive a stupid question but can you explain this?

Customs officer told me that if you pay the overstay fine 3 times then your not allowed back into Argentina.

I've got three overstay fines on my passport, the customs officer would not give me 90 day visa and told me to get the DNI or Tramit. So he let me into the country but did not stamp my passport with the 90 day tourist visa.

Guessing I need to do some paper work if i ever want to leave and come back.

What did your stamp say then? Did you even get one?

and
5.5 years!

I read the documents...

That is different from my experience. I went down to migraciones and paid 300 pesos for a visa extension and stamp. They did it no questions asked but im under the impression that you can only get the extension every 6 months because you are not allowed to be in the country for longer than that...so next time I need to renew I must go to Uruguay.

How do you get away with doing that? I have a hard time believing they wouldn't question you after 5.5 years of doing this.

That is different from my experience. I went down to migraciones and paid 300 pesos for a visa extension and stamp. They did it no questions asked but im under the impression that you can only get the extension every 6 months because you are not allowed to be in the country for longer than that...so next time I need to renew I must go to Uruguay.

How do you get away with doing that? I have a hard time believing they wouldn't question you after 5.5 years of doing this.

And only pay 10 pesos :D jajajajaj

And only pay 10 pesos :D jajajajaj

Some things really are much cheaper (and/or much easier) in the provinces.

I leaned this when I got my Argentine driver''s license in Punta Alta without taking a written or a road test.

(and the webmistress is not in CABA and is not paying at migraciones in Retiro.)

:D jajajajaja

They never stamped my passport, just let me go through. Told me to get the Tramit

Trámite, you mean? I'm assuming they mean your DNI.

If I'm not mistaken, you can't request formal residency if you don't have a stamp in your passport. As far as they know, you just crossed the border illegally, or am I missing something?

Back