30 Days To Leave -- My Result Of Trying To Get Citizenship

la_guachita

Registered
I went to migracions to get a piece of paper they had from when I did my two-year residency that the secretary in the juzgado said I needed for my citizenship (even though online it doesn't say that I need it: http://www.pjn.gov.ar)

Instead of giving me the original document I needed that they had in my file, they tried to give me a notice that I had 30 days to leave. I said I was going to make a phone call and left.

Today they tried to deliver it to my house but, erm, luckily I wasn't here.

For some background, I had two year residency which I processed on my own in 2004. The problem came when I tried to renew the residency after two years. They had made the process more difficult by that point and kept asking for more and more things that they didn't ask for the first time around. They wanted a copy of my parents marriage certificate and my dad's birth certificate, which I had to eat some humble pie to get from my father as we had been estranged for 12 years at that point, but I got it.

Then they wanted a copy of my mother's birth certificate but as I recall Canada doesn't send them overseas, so I couldn't get it. She is long dead, grandparents too and I didn't have anyone in the small town in nowhere Canada to get it and send it to me, and if I recall correctly it has to be a family member that requests it.

The irony is that I would just as soon leave. But as discussed in another thread, I am involved in a lawsuit involving my property and due to that can not sell or rent my apartment until it is resolved, and meanwhile it is causing me financial and health difficulties.

It would have been better to just fly under the radar and never do the residency because being in the system is what is causing problems. I would say there is a crackdown except I am the only person I know of who they are trying to throw out, and I know people who are permatourists from all over the world and even few African refugees that got here by sneaking onto cargo boats.

Back