36 hour PCR to travel through France?

doubleup_dan

Registered
So I travel next week to the UK via France and as far as I can tell layovers of up to 24 hours in France is still allowed for anyone. But on the french website it isn't clear if you need to take the PCR 36 hours before or 72 hours and the Email I have received from air france today says 72 hour PCR

This is what it says on their site.
  • for travellers over 11 years of age only, the result of an "RT-PCR-COVID" virological screening test conducted less than 36 hours before departure (i.e. departure of the first flight in case of a connecting flight) which is negative for infection by Covid-19 or, otherwise, the result of a virological screening test (PCR) conducted less than 72 hours before departure which is negative for infection by Covid-19 and an antigenic test conducted less than 24 hours before departure which is negative for infection by Covid-19.

has anyone had experience with Air France? Because of my flight time to meet the 36 hour window I would have to do the test 24 hours beofre the flight and that seems to be cutting it too fine for my liking.

From what I can tell the 36 hour test is if you are entering France and because I am going to the UK and technically I won't enter France I only need 72 hours as that is what the UK require.

Why not just take the test at EZE on the day of departure? This way you have the freshest results possible and cover you in case of moderate delays etc while in transit.

No point trying to minimize the "risk" of being detected or interrupting your plans in case you get COVID within the days prior to travel after having your test result... if you get tested positive on arrival in the UK - or worse detected with even a mild fever at EZE or CDG - you will have just made things more complicated for yourself. Likewise think of it as doing a service to your fellow travellers.

Why not just take the test at EZE on the day of departure? This way you have the freshest results possible and cover you in case of moderate delays etc while in transit.

No point trying to minimize the "risk" of being detected or interrupting your plans in case you get COVID within the days prior to travel after having your test result... if you get tested positive on arrival in the UK - or worse detected with even a mild fever at EZE or CDG - you will have just made things more complicated for yourself. Likewise think of it as doing a service to your fellow travellers.

PCR test at Ezeiza with immediate results? what is the cost?

PCR test at Ezeiza with immediate results? what is the cost?
Yes - within the hour. I think it’s like 6000. It’s the infamous Lapax facility infront of the terminal (covered in its own thread about dodgy dealings - now under different management btw)

When i say risk i mean i don’t want to risk not getting the results in time before my flight! Most places say they take 24 hours to get the results.

want happens if you show up at eze and there is a queue and u cant get it in time for your flight?

Yes - within the hour. I think it’s like 6000. It’s the infamous Lapax facility infront of the terminal (covered in its own thread about dodgy dealings - now under different management btw)

Do they offer results in English?

Not trustworthy at all its a ripoff, no authorized sanitary personnel. Bet everyone gets negative results, otherwise can`t travel...!

Do they offer results in English?
Yes. They are bilingual. In the video you can see what they look like and how it all works.

Not trustworthy at all its a ripoff, no authorized sanitary personnel. Bet everyone gets negative results, otherwise can`t travel...!
That seems to have changed... now they are finding positives who present fake certificates from the USA.
The new management is an actual lab - one of the biggest in Argentina under a very respected doctor.

Back