4 Months In Argentina Or Colombia For Gay American

Noruega, Pitipur - on budgets, or any other matter, your conclusions are only as good as your assumptions. You're assuming the OP wants a couchsurfing lifestyle, others are pointing out that a 24-hour party lifestyle can be expensive. It's up to the OP to decide how he wants to live and BA can be costly or cheap based on those choices.

Noruega, Pitipur - on budgets, or any other matter, your conclusions are only as good as your assumptions. You're assuming the OP wants a couchsurfing lifestyle, others are pointing out that a 24-hour party lifestyle can be expensive. It's up to the OP to decide how he wants to live and BA can be costly or cheap based on those choices.
You're of course right about that, but 25,000 pesos should be more than comfortable, when he has already said he plans to rent just one room, for 3-400 dollars. I am not assuming he wants a CS lifestyle, but I am assuming that he can live comfortably on 25K when I know plenty of young people who live on 8000 pesos a month and do all sorts of stuff. Of course they live cheaply and have few obligations.

But totally agree that BsAs can be cheap or expensive depending on choices, no doubt about that.

I live on under 10,000 pesos a month and
1) have private medical insurance
2) have a house keeper once a week
3) have a wine provider 2x monthly aka the house is never dry or thirsty
4) take a once weekly Portguese conversation course in a recognized instition
5) pay my expensas(condo fees) electricty, gas, telephone, internet, water,abl,etc
I, however,
only take public transport, never taxis
own my own flat thus no rent
cook 95% at home
Just my scenario

7600 - 1000 (RT plane ticket) - 300 (3 trips to Uruguay including cheap lunch) - 1600 (4 months rent in a shared apart) = 4700 (and that is generous)

X 13.5 / 120 = 528 pesos / day for food drink transport tourism etc.

can you do it? Sure. Can you even live decently well ? Most likely. Should you be flippant about costs down here? Absolutely not.

I don't know how much of a sex drugs and rock and roll guy you are but if your planing for a porteño nightlife , be aware that 1000 pesos can easily pass through your fingers.

If you want to see other parts of the country transport will be a couple hundred, cheap hotels 50-60/ night. Etc

One comment about 1000 pesos passing through fingers with BA night life - I regularly send my 19-year-old out for a complete night of partying with less than 200 pesos - and she usually doesn't spend all of that. She and her friends seem to party quite well. But they don't go to expensive high-end places either. Partying can be done quite cheaply here and everyone I know who does is quite happy with it. I don't know anyone who is young, does drugs even, drinks a lot when they are out, and comes close to spending more than a couple hundred pesos at most in an outing (and through having three teenage girls here, I know quite a few young partiers).

You're also making an assumption that he has to take $1000 USD out of his money to buy a return plane ticket. That's an extra 100 pesos a day over his entire trip! What about his ticket to get here? I suspect that his travel money might be a different budget that he already has taken care of. EDIT: I should have read the OPs following post, first, before responding to this :)

Also, with the money he has saved, he could most likely make at least one less trip to Uruguay to get that money at the tail-end of his trip.

BTW - I have often complained here of the amount of inflation and high prices - but I am supporting 5 people directly (including myself) and indirectly quite a few others here and there. I don't make 5 times what the OP will have per month. And I pay for all our services, expenses, school for 4 people, health insurance, taxes - on top of what everyone has to spend for rent, groceries and other daily necessary items.

And that includes weekly trips to Hard Rock (my family loves it, and they do have good burgers and BBQ sandwiches!) and at least a monthly trip to Olivos for PF Chang, both places which are quite expensive. And I just sent two of my girls to Parque de la Costa yesterday for a day of fun in Tigre - cost about 250 pesos each, including lunch.

One comment about 1000 pesos passing through fingers with BA night life - I regularly send my 19-year-old out for a complete night of partying with less than 200 pesos - and she usually doesn't spend all of that. She and her friends seem to party quite well. But they don't go to expensive high-end places either. Partying can be done quite cheaply here and everyone I know who does is quite happy with it. I don't know anyone who is young, does drugs even, drinks a lot when they are out, and comes close to spending more than a couple hundred pesos at most in an outing (and through having three teenage girls here, I know quite a few young partiers).

You're also making an assumption that he has to take $1000 USD out of his money to buy a return plane ticket. That's an extra 100 pesos a day over his entire trip! What about his ticket to get here? I suspect that his travel money might be a different budget that he already has taken care of. EDIT: I should have read the OPs following post, first, before responding to this :)

Also, with the money he has saved, he could most likely make at least one less trip to Uruguay to get that money at the tail-end of his trip.

First of all the fact that you're talking about a she instead of a he makes a huge difference. Lots of clubs don't charge women or charge them less. I have no idea what the door rate at crobar or pacha is these days but I assume it's over 100. Girls will often be bought drinks and even if they pay their own, porteñas don't drink like Texans. Each drink could be around 100 pesos. Let's assume you want a couple. A Taxi to costanera and another back after 10pm 120-200pesos. A thousand pesos can go by quickly! It's one of a 100 reasons I hate clubs.

Edit: please don't misunderstand, I'm not say his budget is insufficient just that he might be surprised by how much he spends here.

indeed,for exameple,im a cinema lover,and sometimes,i go to a nice cantina,pr parrilla,and then to a movie,for less than 200 pesos
26.000 pesos a month,is great money for a single guy

I live on under 10,000 pesos a month and
1) have private medical insurance
2) have a house keeper once a week
3) have a wine provider 2x monthly aka the house is never dry or thirsty
4) take a once weekly Portguese conversation course in a recognized instition
5) pay my expensas(condo fees) electricty, gas, telephone, internet, water,abl,etc
I, however,
only take public transport, never taxis
own my own flat thus no rent
cook 95% at home
Just my scenario
even if you rent,you can live pretty decently on that money

First of all the fact that you're talking about a she instead of a he makes a huge difference. Lots of clubs don't charge women or charge them less. I have no idea what the door rate at crobar or pacha is these days but I assume it's over 100. Girls will often be bought drinks and even if they pay their own, porteñas don't drink like Texans. Each drink could be around 100 pesos. Let's assume you want a couple. A Taxi to costanera and another back after 10pm 120-200pesos. A thousand pesos can go by quickly! It's one of a 100 reasons I hate clubs.

Edit: please don't misunderstand, I'm not say his budget is insufficient just that he might be surprised by how much he spends here.
Well,depends on how are you as a person,and the kind of live you want to lead,if you want,living la vida loca,maybe its not enough,if you want to live nice,it is.

Back