5 places to choose...I need help please & Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

xohmyx

Registered
Hi
Ok so ive narrowed my search down to these 5 places (im sure there are more but i've decided to stop looking because to much choice can sometimes be a bad thing) Which one out of the following 5 apartments are the best? What ones are in the best neghbourhood/area etc.

1. Rep. Arabe Siria and Segui I
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/prop...a_sal=30&mes_sal=04&apartmentclose=&view=3466

2. Medrano and Parguay
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/prop...a_sal=30&mes_sal=04&apartmentclose=&view=4018

3. Uriarte and Av. Santa Fe
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/prop...a_sal=30&mes_sal=04&apartmentclose=&view=4356

4. Paunero and Cabello II
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/prop...a_sal=30&mes_sal=04&apartmentclose=&view=3093

5. Scalabrini Ortiz and Charcas
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/prop...a_sal=30&mes_sal=04&apartmentclose=&view=2040

A little about me...Im 21 years old, im Female i will be travelling by myself...i'll be spending a Month in Argentina...This is my first time to Argentina...I like shopping...reading...drinking coffee...i dont like going out to nightclubs all that much so im not really concerened if theres any of them near by...thanks for any help :)

[I have also found 2 more places 1 in Scalabrini Ortiz and Charcas the other is in Beruti and Bulnes...there more exspensive than the ones posted but if there good parts of town i might concider them]

I would do Scalabrini Ortiz and Charcas, it´s prime Barrio Norte neighborhood and close to a really nice boulevard with classy cafés and shops that you will enjoy if you like to sit and drink coffee, use WIFI, etc. The only thing I would ask is if you are facing the front of the building or the back and or if the apartment is on a high or low floor. Reason being this is a VERY central part of the city and every bus and lots of cars pass by there day and night and if you are on a low floor and facing the street, and not used to city noise you will not be sleeping very well. Just something to keep in mind.

I will choose 1 or 4. Close to the parks, neighbourhood style. Plenty of bistros and cafes to sit at the sidewalk. Walking distance to Recoleta, Barrio Norte, easy commute to Palermo Soho & Hollywood, downtown.

3. Exactly at Plaza Italia. Plenty of different lines of buses, subway stop (taking you downtown and Belgrano), walking distance to Palermo Soho & Hollywood, walking distance to the parks. But, if it is at the front of the building, probably it will be noisy, except it is on a high floor. Busy streets, crowded sidewalks on weekdays, business hours.

We are all going to have our personal views. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. But I would pick #5. That's because I live two blocks away and love where I live. You have buses on Santa Fe & S. Ortiz that take you anywhere in the city you want to go. You also have the Subte D (S.Ortiz). You can walk to endless interesting places. And now that all the buses have been rerouted to Santa Fe it's relatively quiet.

Boy I wouldnt want to live at no. 3, right by plaza italia.
Its fine during the day, but that area gets sketchy at night. Because of La Rural and the Zoo, only half of the plaza is even inhabited, and the nightlife around there tends towards the teetering drunks and scary young men.

Unless you are totally addicted to the pizza at Kentucky...

no. 1 is a nice enough area, but kind of empty too, especially at night. That side of Santa Fe is mostly taller, newer, more expensive buildings, so you see cars driving out of garages, and paid dogwalkers, but not as much streetlife. the restaurants over there are more expensive.
the parque botanico is nice, though.

no. 2 is a quiet, non-touristy neighborhood, not fancy, but not full of groovy places to eat and shop, either. If it was cheap, and you werent a big party animal, it could be ok.

I tend to agree on the Scalabrini Ortiz and Charcas- its right on the divide between hipster Palermo Soho and more average argentine barrio norte, lots more to do and see around there, and easy access to transport.
Scalabrini itself can get pretty loud, though.

or no. 4, on the back side of Parque Las Heras. A bit less central, and sleepier than Charcas, but there is a lot close by- only 4 blocks to the Mall!
I spent a week once in an apartment a block from there, and found very nice, tipico little stores and restaurants, lots of collectivos on las heras, and its still close to the subte. Good hipster art gallery collective very close by that has fun openings once in a while- I think its upstairs at Bulnes y Cabello.

I live part of the year two blocks from number 4...Paunero is a quiet street but just around the corner from Salguero, where there are lots of cafes, restaurants and a very good ice cream shop. Supermarkets, bakeries, pharmacies, and laundries are all within a couple of blocks. The area is between two malls with multicinemas and tons of other shopping. I won't comment about the other locations because I have not lived nearby but I highly recommend the neighborhood for 4.

Ok thanks for the replys this is the stuff you cant really learn just form reading the apartment description they go on about how lovely the apartment is but forget to mention if the area is a bit dodgy at night. ;)

Out of the 5 i liked #4 & #5 the best...i went to have another look at #5 and realised its been booked for some of the dates i need! (i swear it wasnt when i posted it on here lol thats something i would have notcied!!) So im thinking i will book apartment #4 again thanks for telling me about the places :)

....and one slightly random question what do they mean when they say 'American style kitchen'? i just dont get what makes it diffrent

xohmyx said:
Ok thanks for the replys this is the stuff you cant really learn just form reading the apartment description they go on about how lovely the apartment is but forget to mention if the area is a bit dodgy at night. ;)

Out of the 5 i liked #4 & #5 the best...i went to have another look at #5 and realised its been booked for some of the dates i need! (i swear it wasnt when i posted it on here lol thats something i would have notcied!!) So im thinking i will book apartment #4 again thanks for telling me about the places :)

....and one slightly random question what do they mean when they say 'American style kitchen'? i just dont get what makes it diffrent

In the language of Argentina real estate agents, a cocina America means it is open to the dining and/or living area instead of a kitchen in a separate room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back