7 Habits Of The Happy Expat.............

Un expatriado feliz :

1. intensamente curioso
2. acepta a los otros como son, no los juzgan y no intentan cambiar a la gente de acuerdo a su gusto
3. ve todo como una experiencia de aprendizaje unica
4. encuentra oportunidades donde sea que se encuentre y no se lamenta por aquellas que ha dejado atrás
5. reconoce que sentirse triste en algunas ocasiones es parte del juego
6. comparte
7. se deshace de críticas, berrinches y caprichos

Very well said indeed. Winner of the month.
May be Moderators can organize a winner of the month for posts like this.
Just a thought.

It would be an oxymoron paradox to imagine an unhappy expat (as if any one is being forced to stay). Expats actively and voluntarily chose to go through the trouble of uprooting themselves from home to come here. Living and documenting the NEW UNFAMILIAR ways and REAL experiences is not a show of unhappiness or criticism, on the contrary.

By definition, there is no such a thing as an unhappy expat.
An unhappy expat has long gone, easily.

It would be an oxymoron paradox to imagine an unhappy expat (as if any one is being forced to stay). Expats actively and voluntarily chose to go through the trouble of uprooting themselves from home to come here. Living and documenting the NEW UNFAMILIAR ways and REAL experiences is not a show of unhappiness or criticism, on the contrary.

By definition, there is no such a thing as an unhappy expat.
An unhappy expat has long gone, easily.
Ideally, yes, but in reality no.

Some of us remember HOYT (the Yoga Teacher) and a few more members, who could not leave, and stayed for years after past expiration date because of heavy investments in foreign currency.

I'm an adrenaline junkie. The thought of waking up every day without the prospect of reading about some new, drastic, reactionary economic plan announced by the government scares the crap out of me.

That's why I stay. :)

Glasgowjohn, please add an urgently needed one more, ... the 8th habit :

8. Staring the devil, living on the edge.

Ideally, yes, but in reality no.

Some of us remember HOYT (the Yoga Teacher) and a few more members, who could not leave, and stayed for years after past expiration date because of heavy investments in foreign currency.

Wow, a FOREX burn could be more potent than transcendental meditation to happiness !!

Back