Study: Countries With Best/worst Eating Habits In The World

Idois

Registered
'The Lancet Global Health' journal, researchers used national data from almost 90 per cent of the global population to analyse how people ate between 1990 and 2010. Researchers hope that their findings can help nations reduce the health and economic risks of poor diets:

http://www.independe...d-10057363.html

Healthiest diets in the poorest countries in the world(except Israel) almost no supermarkets and no processed food!
and worst in all former Soviet block countries except Belgium and Argie! Im shocked the USA isn't there! Belgium surprises me Argie amd Czech no!
Here people consume salt and soft drinks like there is no tomorrow! I am shocked when I see how people here buy in huge quantities sugar containing or sugar-free drinks!
The only one I buy is Tonic water because you can't have a gin and tonic with tonic! And I hate that I buy it!
But it is filled with JMAF or glucose syrup, the worst kind.
In the Czech Republic, the beer is healthy but almost all else isn't...fried food, aminal fat galore(people spread "sadlo" or pork fat on bread and eat it like that.) fatty meats, and SALT!!!!
Bon appetit!

As usual someone picks what they think is a 'healthy' diet then tries to define the world by it. I notice this article still has problems with sodium and cholesterol, things we are now hearing they have been wrong about all these years.

Worse they ignore ethnic variations making this a world wide study, go ahead tell the Inuit they should eat more grains and veggies.

Healthiest diets in the poorest countries in the world(except Israel) almost no supermarkets and no processed food!
and worst in all former Soviet block countries except Belgium and Argie! Im shocked the USA isn't there! Belgium surprises me Argie amd Czech no!
Here people consume salt and soft drinks like there is no tomorrow! I am shocked when I see how people here buy in huge quantities sugar containing or sugar-free drinks!
The only one I buy is Tonic water because you can't have a gin and tonic with tonic! And I hate that I buy it!
But it is filled with JMAF or glucose syrup, the worst kind.
In the Czech Republic, the beer is healthy but almost all else isn't...fried food, aminal fat galore(people spread "sadlo" or pork fat on bread and eat it like that.) fatty meats, and SALT!!!!
Bon appetit!
The pork fat is common in Romania too. I don't know how the people would have survived communism without it. Further most of those I know that still eat it frequently are very healthy and not overweight. I think a lot of what is pushed on us as 'healthy' eating is more of a fad than reality.

I'm surprised that nothing was said about the time of day that the residents eat. Most "people in the know" (I hate the word "experts") say that one shouldn't eat for several hours before bedtime. Also, a large breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner are recommended. Maybe, this advise doesn't apply to those living in Argentina and Spain?
Where I live in Recoleta (southern part), I can walk to al least 13 produce stores, most of which were open in the last 2 years.

Bon appetit.

Average lifespan in really healthy countries like - Chad: 50 years, Sierra Leone: 45 years, Mali: 54 years, Gambia: 58 years, Uganda: 58 years, Ghana: 60 years, Ivory Coast: 50 years, Senegal: 63 years, Israel: 81.70 years, 54 years.

Average lifespan in unhealthy countries like - Armenia: 74 years, Hungary: 75 years, Belgium: 80 years, Czech Republic: 78 years, Kazakhstan: 69 years, Belarus: 72 years, Argentina: 76 year, Turkmenistan: 65 years, Mongolia: 67 years, Slovakia: 76 years.

Apart from Israel, folks seem to be mysteriously dying early in all these "healthy eating" countries. I think I'm going to pass on whatever diet they've got going on and stick with my meat, fat and bread because it seems like the writer of this article thinks dying early is the same as being healthy.

Apart from Israel, folks seem to be mysteriously dying early in all these "healthy eating" countries. I think I'm going to pass on whatever diet they've got going on and stick with my meat, fat and bread because it seems like the writer of this article thinks dying early is the same as being healthy.

A healthy diet may do many positive things, but sadly it offers little protection against malaria, dysentery, HIV and violent death.

Back