A Decent Parrilla In Recoleta Area?

Thanks for that info. I haven't found a decent carneceria in the area and I like this idea even better. I lived in San Telmo for years and bought meat in the market there and could always count on a good steak in several restaurants in the neighborhood. The country is changing though. The overall quality of meat has gone way down in recent years.

I buy meat from Covadonga, and there's another one next to it. I haven't had a bad experience at Covadonga yet. Also you get a kilo of ojo de bife for 160, bife de chorizo for slightly less and lomo for slightly more, other cuts cost less. I've had good steaks from there that cost me $2-$3. I don't bother with sides, enjoy eating it with some green onion or garlic or some chimichurri if I have it made. There are organic veg shops next to it and you can buy whatever you need from there. I don't go to restaurants anymore because of the inconsistency, the fact that I have to wait, pay cubierto, sides, tip, etc., it adds up and the experience is almost always worse. I only eat out for menu ejecutivo now. I suggest you try Buenos Aires Grill menu ejecutivo they have some good deals and it's worth it.

If you want the scoop on the best Parrillada in any town in Argentina ( Buenos Aires included ) ....ask any "camionero" ( truck driver ) or "choripanero" anywhere......they haven't let me down ever!!!!

Of course I'm proud to say...I have learned the art of asado here thanks to my "suegro" and have developed a reputation amongst my argentine family and friends for having a decent "asado" for a "yanqui" which is no small thing here. He taught me well....I even have a good "chimi" and "salsa criolla" recipe!! I have a nice Parrilla at my home.....even have the carbon de liñea on my porch waiting as we speak....

Learn how to prepare a good asado as an expat ( it's not as hard as you might think ) and you'll be famous. Of course my family is from the south and we have a good BBQ reputatiuon which isn't a whole lot different from Argentien asado ( we use Hickory or Oak as opposed to Quebracho ) but the process is generally pretty close....

Back