Decent Parrilla Libres?

Commodorius

Registered
Hi all,
I've got friends in town and want to haul them somewhere to get stuffed full of meat. I know about Siga la Vaca, but it seems to touristy and expensive.

Does anyone know of any other good Parrilla Libres? Location/Price/Quality/etc.?

Cheers.

el boliche de dario is an Argentine classic.

Gaona, Av. 1584

My guests love this one in San Telmo -
El Remanso, Estados Unidos 745
$62 per person.
I believe that on top of the meat, this includes side dishes, dessert and coffee.

I have heard so many (American) tourists speak enthusiastically about Siga la Vaca. For me that's immediately a sign to stay away and avoid it like the plague. And after actually trying a couple of these typical Lonely Planet mass backpacker restaurant destinations, I knew my intuition was completely right.

Try Parilla 1880, on Defensa 1665. Haven't seen a lot of tourists there, but if you really want a completely tourist-free restaurant you'll have to go to unknown neighbourhoods. However, this is already much better than your usual Palermo tourist trap

Spettus much much higher quality meat than Siga la vaca, but higher priced as well. It'd be my recommendation for all you can eat

Mosquito. Rio de Janeiro and Peron. I live a block away. 70$ parrilla libre and you can buy these cheap 2L bottles of water that normally you only get in supermarkets, so your bill will be reduced by a good 20 pesos per person. good service, large space, nice neighborhood, good desserts. come early for the best food.

Back