A Honky Like Me.

EJLarson:
Kissenger meant democrats and republicans seeing what they are able to work on together for the country's benefit.Exacrly what Schumer and other democrats are already doing.Maybe you didn't get Sanders but you already had Schumer.
I say ,Go for it,big time! Trump is not everbody's president but it's still everybody's country.
Once again,it's the joint venture concept
Whaddayagonna do? Impeach Trump ? He hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Trumps first three proposed appointments are just incredibly bad.
Sessions is racist. no ifs, ands or buts.
And he will dismantle voting rights for black people in the USA if he is confirmed as AG.

Flynn was on the payroll for Putin's propaganda wing, the government owned Russian TV network.
He was PAID by the russians to speak against the USA, and this is the guy we get to be the national security advisor?
He is also pretty anti-semitic AND incredibly racist towards all 1 billion muslims.

And Pompeo is also an anti islamic wingnut conspiracy theorist.

These guys are so far from "the best people" its almost funny.

Besides being extreme far right nutjobs, they are all marginal at their jobs- not the best congressmen or senators or generals, by far.

Its gonna be a very interesting four years.

And Trump just settled his Trump University case for $25 million "not admitting guilt"
after saying, again and again, in the last six months, that he never settles and that he was so clearly going to win that he didnt need to settle...

And the clown show begins. But it won't be 4 years. This turd is gone in 18 months.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Nancy...[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)].If people have healthcare, in the long run they will become healthier and healthier people cost less.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I agree.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Re: fiscal sustainability, if the good old USA decided to take care of it's people i.e. health, education, infrastructure and NOT be a war machine, boy I think there might be a whole lot of money available.[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

I agree in principle. Nevertheless, my opinion on the success of the fiscal sustainability of ACA as it functions today is based on "what is" as opposed to what "should be".

Xmaspast....[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]And the clown show begins. But it won't be 4 years. This turd is gone in 18 months. [/background]

I voted for Hillary, but certainly not because I believe she was the most capable candidate. In my opinion, both are unfit to hold the office. But one more so than the other. Trump won and will rightfully occupy the Oval Office for 4 years. The majority have spoken and the country needs to move forward.

Xmaspast....[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]And the clown show begins. But it won't be 4 years. This turd is gone in 18 months. [/background]

I voted for Hillary, but certainly not because I believe she was the most capable candidate. In my opinion, both are unfit to hold the office. But one more so than the other. Trump won and will rightfully occupy the Oval Office for 4 years. The majority have spoken and the country needs to move forward.

The United States is not a democracy, it is a republic. The majority spoke, but Trump received more electoral votes. And I'm sure the country will be moving rapidly backward if he has any say in the matter.

Trumps election is most probably the greatest domestic challenge the US people as a whole have had to face since the Civil War.
Although it seems that JFK borrowed this phrase from his headmaster in secondary school,it,nonetheless,rings true today:
"Don't ask what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". It is hardly a moment to surrender to pessimision and inaction
But,rather,indeed a time to pull together using the DEMOCRATIC checks and balance tools we have at our disposal in our government system to,yes. move FORWARD
Another phrase which apparently was invented as a practice for a typing class also rings true.With some changes:
Now is the time for all US men and women of good will to come to the aid of their country using their democratic apparatus and not simply bitch and moan and do nothing.

As an old honky, I have to say, the one thing that gives me hope is kids. You know, young people.
I have 2 sons, 22 and 25, and they are smart, committed, politically aware, kind and generous.
I have met many of their generation, as they grew up, and even the "conservative" friends of theirs are in favor of choice, legalized pot, gay marriage, voting rights, and a fair america for everybody.
Trump lost the under 30 vote almost everywhere in america by YUUGE percentages.

Me and my old white guy cohort are dying out- and the USA of ten or twenty years from now will be a much more accepting and less racist place.

I just may not see it, stuck in Trump Purgatory...

Age is a state of mind and good health
At 74 I have reinvented myself at least 3 times in my lifetime and I'm ready for the 4th.
As Yogi Berra famously said,"It ain't over,'til it's over":

THE MAJORITY have spoken and they favored Hillary by 1.5 million and counting. This is the second time in 20 years that the Electoral College has proven that it is a vestigial organ.

Back