A major violation of human rights for those 70+

sergio

Registered
Those 70 or over will be confined to their homes like prisoners, compelled to ring a number and wait for a pass code to let them go to the market or pharmacy. It is a form of fascism, a form of apartheid dreamt up by a phony progressive government. It is beyond belief that anything like this could happen after the horrible experience of the dictatorship,

Those 70 or over will be confined to their homes like prisoners, compelled to ring a number and wait for a pass code to let them go to the market or pharmacy. It is a form of fascism, a form of apartheid dreamt up by a phony progressive government. It is beyond belief that anything like this could happen after the horrible experience of the dictatorship,

Are you serious ?.....Argentina has a ''community'' culture ( thank God, Allah, the Great White Buffalo, or whatever)....Argentina has handled this as good as anyone, and better than most......there are a number of conspiracy theorists in the US that share you alarm....their actions are unencumbered by facts, so they are easily disturbed....they have proven to be a SMALL minority, as, in this situation, rational thinking has prevailed.....you should be grateful to be the beneficiary of enlightened leadership....it's lacking in the US right now, but, just like in Brazil, local and regional leaders have risen to the occasion....your rights essentially end where my nose begins....I really don't care if you want to play Russian-roulette, but you don't have the right to put the gun to my head.....stay home... and..... qwitchurbitchin.

I doubt it is even legal. If the government keeps pushing, the masses will take to the streets.

The ban for elders has no punishment in case of violation.
FYI the porteros takes care of doing the shopping to them.

CABA has instituted a service called "Mayores cuidados" - Elder Care. Volunteers sign on to do older people's shopping, pay their bills, and walk their dogs.

Now, for the good part: so far 5,951 seniors have registered, while 34,346 volunteers have signed on. A total of 3,124 "couples" have been set up.

The idea is that when seniors call to get a circulation permit, they are told that there are volunteers willing to run their errands.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Are you serious ?.....Argentina has a ''community'' culture ( thank God, Allah, the Great White Buffalo, or whatever)....Argentina has handled this as good as anyone, and better than most......there are a number of conspiracy theorists in the US that share you alarm....their actions are unencumbered by facts, so they are easily disturbed....they have proven to be a SMALL minority, as, in this situation, rational thinking has prevailed.....you should be grateful to be the beneficiary of enlightened leadership....it's lacking in the US right now, but, just like in Brazil, local and regional leaders have risen to the occasion....your rights essentially end where my nose begins....I really don't care if you want to play Russian-roulette, but you don't have the right to put the gun to my head.....stay home... and..... qwitchurbitchin.

Is WHO serious? The author of the Clarin article? I would say so. She is over 70. I am not that old but I object to this unjust plan the same as she does. It makes no sense. First of all, rules regarding quarantine need to be universal. It is the individual's right to decide how much risk he/she wants to take within the restrictions of a rational and non-discriminatory quarantine. Not everyone 70+ is in poor health and not everyone under 70 is in good health - just look around at all the overweight people under 70. Those older people who have died were most likely suffering from other conditions that weakened their immune systems hence Corona virus was the last straw. How are older people any more a risk to others than younger people? If the objective is to protect the health of the elderly, they can do that themselves if they want to without a discriminatory edict. If they want the same freedom as younger people, they should not be denied it.

In reality the greatest threat to society are dating apps, not likely used by many 70+, that invariably lead to sex and the spread of numerous contagious disease including HIV - and now Covid-19. Why haven't these sites been blocked and made illegal?

I don't understand how the US enters the picture and I have no idea what conspiracy theories you speak of. I don't believe this decision is conspiratorial; rather it is one based on prejudice, ignorance and a fundamental lack of respect for democracy and human rights.

The ban for elders has no punishment in case of violation.
FYI the porteros takes care of doing the shopping to them.
If there is no punishment for violation, isn't the whole process pointless? I mean, people 70+ can go out without a code and know they face no consequences. If there's nothing to keep them indoors (i.e., the threat of a fine), how can this work? Is the government hoping on the goodwill of people to comply with this measure because it could be for their own good? Genuine question.

Many Over 70 members of the Supreme Court , Parliament, Judicial , and Government ? they will also stay home? No pay?

The Minister of Health Gines, must call 147 to leave his home.! he's over 70..?

If there is no punishment for violation, isn't the whole process pointless? I mean, people 70+ can go out without a code and know they face no consequences. If there's nothing to keep them indoors (i.e., the threat of a fine), how can this work? Is the government hoping on the goodwill of people to comply with this measure because it could be for their own good? Genuine question.
If it is a completely voluntary program without negative consequences then more power to them. There are many elderly who can benefit from volunteers helping them. It is the reported sanctions that originally got my dander up. Unfortunately there will likely be confusion about what one can and can't do, and then you have the cop wannabee porteros to complicate everything.

Back