A new idea for health insurance.....

Caribbean Cool

Registered
I am 78 years old (what a sweetheart). I have a U.S. address. I have a U.S. bank account. I am in the process of buying new insurance.....almost complete. It is new to me. I am buying lump-sum insurance. If I get cancer, I get a check. I can use the money as I please for medical bills...or go dancing. My choice. I also bought separate benefits for heart and stroke. The rest of life's problems I self insure. You choose your level of benefit. I chose $60,000 cancer coverage. I thought this was a bit high and it was done before the devaluation. Not sure now and glad I did (it can be changed). And $40,000 for the rest. I pay $350 a month. This is probably too much coverage for actual medical expenses in Argentina (?????). This is an interesting approach to medical coverage here in Argentina....and not very interesting in the U.S. This can be important coverage for those who embrace the idea of self-insurance. Again, I had a telephone interview with the underwriters and am waiting for the approval.

Bankers Fidelity

I am 78 years old (what a sweetheart). I have a U.S. address. I have a U.S. bank account. I am in the process of buying new insurance.....almost complete. It is new to me. I am buying lump-sum insurance. If I get cancer, I get a check. I can use the money as I please for medical bills...or go dancing. My choice. I also bought separate benefits for heart and stroke. The rest of life's problems I self insure. You choose your level of benefit. I chose $60,000 cancer coverage. I thought this was a bit high and it was done before the devaluation. Not sure now and glad I did (it can be changed). And $40,000 for the rest. I pay $350 a month. This is probably too much coverage for actual medical expenses in Argentina (?????). This is an interesting approach to medical coverage here in Argentina....and not very interesting in the U.S. This can be important coverage for those who embrace the idea of self-insurance. Again, I had a telephone interview with the underwriters and am waiting for the approval.

Bankers Fidelity
I have never heard of this but others here have said that the Italian Hospital will insure older people. Maybe some people here have experience with this and costs

Bankers Fidelity
Almost sounds as if you bought AFLAC.

If I get cancer, I get a check. I can use the money as I please for medical bills...or go dancing. My choice. I also bought separate benefits for heart and stroke. The rest of life's problems I self insure. You choose your level of benefit. I chose $60,000 cancer coverage.
Have you read "Outline of Coverage B 21904 OC" they are referring to here under "Lump Sum Cancer Insurance"?
(Sorry for caps)
THE POLICY PROVIDES SUPPLEMENTAL LIMITED COVERAGE FOR SPECIFIED DISEASES ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH OR MAJOR MEDICAL INSURANCE, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO COVER ALL MEDICAL EXPENSES.
Are you supposed to have a primary medical insurance?

Back