A question about citizenship, please

Well, honestly after I took a look on some threads here about citizenship and how much the lawyer fees are estimated, I frankly can't afford that prices at all. In this case, would it be wise and better to wait the two years before application or there are more options available to push ahead the process? Thanks in advance!

Well, honestly after I took a look on some threads here about citizenship and how much the lawyer fees are estimated, I frankly can't afford that prices at all. In this case, would it be wise and better to wait the two years before application or there are more options available to push ahead the process? Thanks in advance!

even after 2 yrs , it will not be smooth sailing. Might as well get a lawyer

As Ceviche advised you, waiting the 2 years means just that the person receiving your documents may not use the excuse of you not having been in the country for 2 years continuously in order to reject your documents. Of course s/he may say that your XYZ document is now more than 6 months old and you need a new one. Or some other reason. They are the administration and they have the power. And even if they take your paperwork and assign a number to your case, it is only then that the real navigation through the system begins. It is not at all a smooth or pleasant process. It is possible that at any step of the way one of your previously submitted documents is simply lost or expired or missing, etc. And you really have no option but to get the missing document and keep your file up to date.

One of the steps that you will have to complete in the future as a part of this process is the home visit, which entails a psycho-social evaluation. I read one of these reports/evaluations and did not know if I should laugh or cry at the absurdity, lack of scientific evidence/credibility or competence/poor grammar/spelling of the person completing the so-called evaluation. And to my understanding, even if you do everything correctly, step by step, taking time, etc., but the judge that oversees your case at the end of the process is not thoroughly convinced, s/he may reject you. You can ask for a new judge but there is no guarantee that the next one would be any better. In other words, as Ceviche said, do not expect a smooth sailing.

I am not discouraging you, I am just trying to paint the picture correctly so that you do not drive yourself (and your wife) crazy through this process.
Remember that others have done this before you, so pick your battles wisely (know why exactly do you want/need this citizenship), be prepared to face the incompetence/inefficiency/lack of logic along the way, and come to peace with the possibility that it may all be in vain, or not :).

Idois,

Thank you brother for your informative message! Don't worry, I didn't take your words as a way of discouraging but rather as an honest and realistic advice. Kind of ugly truth :D I have a question if you have no objection, are you now in the process of aquiring citizenship?

I really hope someone expert like bajo cero joins the thread to enlighten it with some recommendations. Now, I am totally confused what to do. If I wait two years, this won't make it any easy. If I go back to the Court to hand out my papers (all apostilled and translated as 'Mr Idois' mentioned on his first reply), That employee (who was rude with my wife) may take it personally and treats me even more impolite. Then like that the money I paid for the translation and legalization plus the post (as I should send them to bsas) would be wasted for nothing. Furthmore, I don't know any lawyer in Mendoza that can handle my case and if I find him/her, I doubt if the fees required could be reasonable and affordable for me. The reason why I wanted to apply for citizenship is that I luckily got recently a short work contract and I wanted to apply (hand out the work contract with the other papers) before the contract ends.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!

I advise that you pay for the lawyer. Its not back breaking, and totally worth it.

I'd reccommend that you just go back with a printout of the relevant law and official website advice.

Then calmly explain again that as you are married to a citizen you are excempt from the two year requirement. Show them all the paperwork and printouts.

If the same person is still obstenant then ask to speak to their boss and try again.

You can also try going with some locals you may know in a slightly bigger group to help with the group psychology of the situation (any who hold official positions, or a lawyer would be ideal).

Lastly, you can always lodge an official complaint , or threaten to do so, and see if that helps.

Persistence, patience and assertiveness is key with this sort of burocratic idiocy imo.

You could also easily find a local immigration lawyer and get some cheap advice if you really want to go that route.

Your case sounds very straight forward and you shouldn't really need a lawyer though, in my opinion.

Good Luck!

Ceviche,
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate!

London2Baires,
Thank you very much for your words! Well, the obstacle I have is that I cant pay the amount of 4000¬5000 USD as fees of lawyer. All I need is someone helping me to submit my file in the Court and then I could bear and handle all the other steps throughout the entire process. But I dont know if there is a lawyer who can accept that. My wife advised me not to go back alone to the Court because the employees there are obstinent and they can make it even more complicated for us in the future if they see that we are obstinent, too.

I did it in Zapala (that’s my area). There they were helpful but I still had to complete many extra steps. I had to get the police report from my country twice since the first time it expired before I got it in to the right people. The second thing was that I had to translate the English speaking Apostilla to Spanish. Ok, fine. Luckily my friend is a translator. Then Gerdameria had to take my fingerprint again ( 5 ink copies) because the first time they were apparently Blurred.
Finally, after a year and a half they call me in. They only do the ceremony once a month so that might be why it took time.
The whole process doesn’t stop there though. They gave me a new DNI and then i have to go around informing everyone of my new status. Monotributo , rentas, municipalidad, my kids permits to leave the country are now fishy, Drivers license, house ownership documents, electricity contract, I’m still asking institutions what DNI they have.

Back