A Sad Day For All Cristina Supporters...de Vido Detained

Oh when are people going to come to their senses?

There are two kinds of Law:
  • Common Law.
  • Kirchenrista Law.
Let's not confuse ourselves, Bajo is an expert in Kristina law so please stop bullying him... ;).

De La Rosada a la cárcel de Ezeiza: dónde están alojados los presos K
https://tn.com.ar/politica/del-poder-la-carcel-de-ezeiza-donde-estan-alojados-los-presos-k_830644

Common law is in this country Constitutional Law, the local bill of rights. The K recognize and enforced the NC.

What the President enforces is Royal Spanish law better known as holy inquisition spanish.

What makes you think that the judges are arresting people because the mob or the President wants them to and judges are not applying the law (if that is, in fact, what you intended to say)? How does the de Vido arrest relate to this belief of yours? Wasn't he arrested for corruption, specifically diverting state money for his own benefit? Is it not against the law to steal from the state?
Exactly what quote from Madison's Federalist Paper #10 are you referring to? (Your post was not to a quote of Madison. It was to a Wikipedia section on the Federalist papers.) I appreciate that English is not your first language, but I have trouble comprehending what you mean because your thoughts are not clearly expressed.

People must be arrested when they are sentenced. Where are you from? Cuba?

They made a campaign based on arresting the political opposition. And they did. What's next? Gulags?

I'm successfully refusing judges appointed by this President for lack of independency from the executive power (lack of impartiality) because they do not behave like judges, they behave like employed of the President, police men.

The quote is from the book The Federalist. You didn't understand it in Spanish, right?

(Sorry I do not have the quote in English).

By the way, Madison, author of The Federalist, was not precisely a K supporter.

https://en.wikipedia...deralist_No._10

As I said before, it is a sad day for democracy and the rule of law, a happy day for absolutism and the abuse of power.

Remember that you can be arrested without at the orden of a judge ;) at the Kingdom of yellow ballons and happiness.

Bajo, you are amazing. I mean that: you are literally amazing.

In your rush to distract from your abovementioned hypocrisy in objecting to an elected official being impeached and removed from office, you go ahead and quote stuff you've never read (or did read, and are now lying), put to mean the exact opposite of what was actually written.

I'll repeat that. Madison wrote THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are quoting.

First: here is the full text of Federalist № 47; let people read for themselves.
(No idea why bajo quoted №10; nothing remotely relevant there. Probably more ignorance masquerading as knowledge).

Secondly: the text in the picture is not even Madison's. It is Madison quoting from Montesquieu, one of the if not THE first proponents of separation of powers. The point Madison was making was that notwithstanding this language of Montesquieu, it did not follow that the several branches of government must be absolutely separate and independent institutions. Madison further demonstrated how in both Great Britain, which Montesquieu held to be a role model, and in the states' constitutions, clear affirmations were made regarding separation of powers, and nonetheless in the actual structure of the branches there was significant overlap and linkage.

Thirdly: what relevance does this have to your original point? The judge requested the Congress strip the honorable Diputado of his immunity. The Congress did so. With a majority, including FpV delegates. As provided for in the Constitution. What are you whining about?

Fourthly: in case of serious crimes, defendants are routinely denied bail. Before conviction.

Fifthly: again, you are a hypocrite. You did not seem to be much interested in the people's will as regards the President, and were actively rooting for him to not take office on account of (arguably dubious) legal issues. What changed?

I am copying herein the relevant text from Federalist № 47. Capital text is in the original. Italicized text is that Bajo quoted. Bolded text is what Madison wrote concerning the same.

Read for yourself. And ask yourself why on earth is bajo quoting this.

The British Constitution was to Montesquieu what Homer has been to the didactic writers on epic poetry. As the latter have considered the work of the immortal bard as the perfect model from which the principles and rules of the epic art were to be drawn, and by which all similar works were to be judged, so this great political critic appears to have viewed the Constitution of England as the standard, or to use his own exp<b></b>ression, as the mirror of political liberty; and to have delivered, in the form of elementary truths, the several characteristic principles of that particular system. That we may be sure, then, not to mistake his meaning in this case, let us recur to the source from which the maxim was drawn.

On the slightest view of the British Constitution, we must perceive that the legislative, executive, and judiciary departments are by no means totally separate and distinct from each other. The executive magistrate forms an integral part of the legislative authority. He alone has the prerogative of making treaties with foreign sovereigns, which, when made, have, under certain limitations, the force of legislative acts. All the members of the judiciary department are appointed by him, can be removed by him on the address of the two Houses of Parliament, and form, when he pleases to consult them, one of his constitutional councils. One branch of the legislative department forms also a great constitutional council to the executive chief, as, on another hand, it is the sole depositary of judicial power in cases of impeachment, and is invested with the supreme appellate jurisdiction in all other cases. The judges, again, are so far connected with the legislative department as often to attend and participate in its deliberations, though not admitted to a legislative vote.

From these facts, by which Montesquieu was guided, it may clearly be inferred that, in saying "There can be no liberty where the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person, or body of magistrates," or, "if the power of judging be not separated from the legislative and executive powers," he did not mean that these departments ought to have no PARTIAL AGENCY in, or no CONTROL over, the acts of each other. His meaning, as his own words import, and still more conclusively as illustrated by the example in his eye, can amount to no more than this, that where the WHOLE power of one department is exercised by the same hands which possess the WHOLE power of another department, the fundamental principles of a free constitution are subverted. This would have been the case in the constitution examined by him, if the king, who is the sole executive magistrate, had possessed also the complete legislative power, or the supreme administration of justice; or if the entire legislative body had possessed the supreme judiciary, or the supreme executive authority.

This, however, is not among the vices of that constitution. The magistrate in whom the whole executive power resides cannot of himself make a law, though he can put a negative on every law; nor administer justice in person, though he has the appointment of those who do administer it. The judges can exercise no executive prerogative, though they are shoots from the executive stock; nor any legislative function, though they may be advised with by the legislative councils. The entire legislature can perform no judiciary act, though by the joint act of two of its branches the judges may be removed from their offices, and though one of its branches is possessed of the judicial power in the last resort. The entire legislature, again, can exercise no executive prerogative, though one of its branches constitutes the supreme executive magistracy, and another, on the impeachment of a third, can try and condemn all the subordinate officers in the executive department.

The reasons on which Montesquieu grounds his maxim are a further demonstration of his meaning. "When the legislative and executive powers are united in the same person or body," says he, "there can be no liberty, because apprehensions may arise lest THE SAME monarch or senate should ENACT tyrannical laws to EXECUTE them in a tyrannical manner. " Again: "Were the power of judging joined with the legislative, the life and liberty of the subject would be exposed to arbitrary control, for THE JUDGE would then be THE LEGISLATOR.
Were it joined to the executive power, THE JUDGE might behave with all the violence of AN OPPRESSOR. "

Some of these reasons are more fully explained in other passages; but briefly stated as they are here, they sufficiently establish the meaning which we have put on this celebrated maxim of this celebrated author.

The judges asked for De Vido to be made arrestable (i.e. for immunity to be withdrawn). The Congress concurred. The system worked as designed.

Ben, i didn't mean to quote the translation of Madison. I just quote Madison (being acid) to let people who has no idea who he was (not a K supporter). I do not have the time to look for the exactly quote, you do, thanks for that.

Second, as far as you insult me, I do not reply you. Try to have the height to be able to debate with me because while you are a keyboard general, the President of this country enacts ad hoc decrees just for me (DNU 70/2017, arts. 26 among many others) and I m the one who fights for the Rule of law in the real life.

Third, perhaps you have issues with understanding the language, constitutional law, local politics or reallity because the President ordered judges to arrest them. THE PRESIDENT. And it happened. And you see no issues there. Right. Well, well, well.

The PRESIDENT ordered the Judges for De Vido to be made arrestable (i.e. for immunity to be withdrawn). The Congress concurred. The system worked as in North korea.

The facts are so uncomfortable when you defend a tyrant and you do not want to see it.

Let's see:
1) on June 2nd the President expresed his will of removal federal judges to appoints his own;
2) Same day he said to the Federal Judges that "we want the true or other judges". Read you do what we want or else.
3) Federal Judge Freiler (who was suspended with a tricky maneuver) is an exemplary punishment [for other judges who are still independent].

De Vido was stripped of immunity with a majority in Congress, including a whole bunch of diputados outside Cambiemos. And (some) FpV people to boot.

I understand the urge to claim that everything happens because everyone lives in mortal fear of the racist genocidal Videla leprosy herpes President, but that is not how this went down. And you know it.

You claim not to respond to insults; the fact is that you don't want to respond to my question (which I posed yesterday pretty politely). I'll try again: Since when are you concerned about judges overturning a democratic result? Sounds pretty new - with Macri your tune was rather different.

You claim not to respond to insults; the fact is that you don't want to respond to my question (which I posed yesterday pretty politely). I'll try again: Since when are you concerned about judges overturning a democratic result? Sounds pretty new - with Macri your tune was rather different.

Sorry Ben, but I do not care about your questions because [you do not exist for me and] most of the time I do not even read you because you are on the ignore list. Perhaps for that I do not reply you instead of your conspiracy theories about that.

Perhaps you do not know but the work of the judges at a Republic is to protect individuals against the will of the democratic majority because they are not the police whose work is to enforce the law and the executive will.

With Macri my "tone" is different because we used to have the rule of law that right now is under a strong attack. While with the former administration I used to debate with the judges, now I debate with the President who tries to interference on my cases.

While with the former administration recusals of judges were based on prejudice, now they are based on lack of independency of the Executive Power.

The President is getting involved in the debates I have with the judges and this is hilarious. The DNU 70/2017 has no less than 10 clauses that tries to interferes in de legal debate we have right now at SC and at the Federal chambers because only I propose this solutions that the decree bans. Nobody else does and nobody else knows about this because this is part of my professional secret.

So, sure my tone is different. Let´s see how is yours if you get arrested without the order of a judge ;) or if you buy a house and the President enacts a decree saying that you cannot do it.

De Vido was stripped of immunity with a majority in Congress, including a whole bunch of diputados outside Cambiemos. And (some) FpV people to boot.

Right. And the President never order judges to do it. The campaign did not mentioned it at all. Come on!

The whole issue is the rule of law but you are blind about that. Pray for not being the next one because there is not going to be rule of law for you neither.

I didn't say tone, I said tune. It's an English colloquialism. Never mind.

My point is not about your tone, but about substance. Is "people voted congresmen, not judges" an issue, or not?

When it came to Macri becoming president, it was not an issue - you did not tire of telling us how with his 214 ( :D) cases against him he wouldn't even be able to take office.

Today, when it comes to someone who even FpV is washing its hands of, lest they get mud splashed on them, it has become an issue.

Which is it?

Back