A Sad Day For All Cristina Supporters...de Vido Detained

EjLarson, I reply you in this way because I m tired about you. Simple. Go and open a thread about a literary workshop because perhaps you can right properly in English, but to ask you for ideas is far too much.

Julian63, I do not need your advice, thank you.

FYi there are countries where you have no rights, we call those systems totalitarians like Cuba, North Korea, China.

If I use this compatision is to show how hilarious are some assertions.

Regarding your question: police can arrest without an order if a) they witness the crime or B ) it is obvious he just commited a crime (a guy with the t-Shirt full of blood and a knife in the hand).

There was no risk of obstruction the investigation or escape the justice in this case, he was improsioned because The newspaper Clarin already sentenced him and the President and Carrio said so.

If you are under investigation you must apply for a permision of the judge because the immunity is only of arrest and it is only valid in Argentina so, what you speculates makes no sense.

The President just asserted that he has a black list of 500 people and that he wants to senf them to the moon. I believe that there are reasons to be worry.

Nobody cares about the trial if he is already arrested. The institutional damage is already done because he is a congressman.

In the US , to lie under oath is itself a crime. It isn't in Arg?

The accused is not alike a witness here. He has the right to remain silent and it cannot be used against him, he can declare if he wants to only, he can lie because there is no oath for him.

I think pretty much everyone here is - to use your words - "tired about you" when you try to argue that 176 of 257 is anything other than what it is - a huge margin.

Let's rehash basic arithmetic and/or grammar and/or logic:

he was dismissed by 2.75% of what it is needed or 68.75% of the votes.

No, he was not dismissed by "2.75% of what it is [sic] needed".
He was dismissed by 2.75 above what is needed. And to remind you, "what is needed" is a huge 2/3 supermajority. They got that and more.

There is a reason why that supermajority was required. The framers of the Constitution, wisely, did not want this stuff to happen willy-nilly. Dismissing an elected member is, as you yourself correctly (if cynically) observed, a big deal, and was only intended to be made possible when there was broad-based support, not subject to normal partisan politics. In the case of De Vido, that support exists, which is why nearly 7 in 10 diputados voted as they did. More importantly, those 68.5% of the diputados broadly crossed party lines and included FpV deputies.

Even if what you meant was to say "2.75 over", it just makes you laughable.
It's the meaning to the English phrase "lies, damn lies, and statistics".

=====

Regarding the "misleading" contention where it "sound like he was dismissed by 100% of the Congress", where really that's only because the opposing side walked out:

A. It's a total strawman argument: nobody said it was 100%; everyone said it was a supermajority - correctly;
B. to the extent that no votes against it because "the K party didn't show up at Court", that was a stunt. Again, that you pretend not to know that just makes you a joke. Had every member not present voted against the measure, they'd have 31.5% of the vote. So the only option left to this group of entitled whiners (like you) was to walk out and manafacture the impression of some sort of principled boycott.

CFK is pursuing a similar tactic with Bonadio, telling him as soon as she walked into Court, "I do not expect justice from you" - which statement is now potentially landing her lawyers in hot water. Doesn't sound very different from POTUS disparaging any judge who rules against him, notably Judge Curiel.

You don't know when to quit bajo, do you?

SomewhereBA, i do not defend De Vido, I defend the rule of law. All corrup politicians must be in jail if sentenced, not only oppositors. If you see the movie The Godfather, 80% of the film they are fighting the mafia...
I wouldn't let someone accused of being a pedophile continue to work at a kindergarten until he was found guilty/innocent. I apply the same theory to this case, a person accused of corruption on such a large scale in a Government department that has been proven to steal massive sums should lose his right to freedom until he is proven innocent/guilty. We are not talking about stealing lollies - we are talking multi-million dollar sums that takes money away from those who need it most and erodes societies trust in the system. fuck him and his cronies they can all rot in jail - Cristina can be next. What a despicable leader to promote social activism and then allow such open theft of public monies under her watchful eye. She should be next. In my job I am responsible for the actions of those in lower positions - the same should apply here. It will create an incentive to know what the fuck is happening rather than this 'I had no idea its his fault' bullshit kindergarten excuse. The fish rots at the head.

Thank you!
The criminal law here is different.
He can remain is silent. He also can lie. So, the whole legal basis you defense is [here] wrong and it considered coertion and the evidence obtained this way are nullid.
What the heck means " the whole legal basis you defense is here wrong." What are you talking about? What was the "legal basis I defense?" Evidence obtained in what way is coercion? Dd I say there was a way to obtain evidence that you think constitutes coercion? Be specific. I can't follow your points.

Julian63, I do not need your advice, thank you.

FYi there are countries where you have no rights, we call those systems totalitarians like Cuba, North Korea, China.

If I use this compatision is to show how hilarious are some assertions.

Regarding your question: police can arrest without an order if a) they witness the crime or B ) it is obvious he just commited a crime (a guy with the t-Shirt full of blood and a knife in the hand).

There was no risk of obstruction the investigation or escape the justice in this case, he was improsioned because The newspaper Clarin already sentenced him and the President and Carrio said so.

If you are under investigation you must apply for a permision of the judge because the immunity is only of arrest and it is only valid in Argentina so, what you speculates makes no sense.

The President just asserted that he has a black list of 500 people and that he wants to senf them to the moon. I believe that there are reasons to be worry.

Nobody cares about the trial if he is already arrested. The institutional damage is already done because he is a congressman.
What advice did I offer you (other than to infer you should stop drinking). Be specific.
So it is your position that the congressional vote to remove immunity and the subsequent arrest (even with denial of bail by a 3 judge panel) indicates Arg is now acting like a totalitarian state. Don't you think you exaggerate just a bit?
So a simple answer to my question about arrest without a court order is - yes. That you think it should not have been effected in this case is your opinion. A 3 judge panel found that there was a valid legal basis to arrest De Vido and to apparently deny bail. If De Vido thinks this arrest prior to conviction or the bail denial is improper, don't you think he will appeal immediately to a higher court? (This assumes you don't opine that an appeal to the appellate court would be useless because it, too, is a puppet controlled by Macri.)
Do you really think that the arrest of one Congressman (allowed by more than a 2/3 majority of his peers) constitutes "institutional damage?" Why do you think it is? Be specific. I think you exaggerate.

Reading through all the posts, I get the impression that Bajo may be living out some kind of hero fantasy on this forum- he's in a wild west bar brawl fighting against all these 'greengos' ...never one to give up easily he fights and knocks every one of them down...in his dreams he's a true legend :) ... argumentative till the bitter end, if only for argument's sake.

Reading through all the posts, I get the impression that Bajo may be living out some kind of hero fantasy on this forum- he's in a wild west bar brawl fighting against all these 'greengos' ...never one to give up easily he fights and knocks every one of them down...in his dreams he's a true legend :) ... argumentative till the bitter end, if only for argument's sake.
I think its hard for him to leave his bubble - he doesn't have the ability to step back and look in. Unfortunately in his own head Macri's policy on immigration is making his job harder and so Macri is now the enemy - Cristinas open door immigration policy gave him more business. Now he is fighting judges all day trying to get wins for his clients. Ignore the fact that millions and millions of dollars have been stolen from the public - Cristina had the countries best interests at heart - just listen to her screech on TV. The sad thing is so many still drink her koolaid even after her minions go down like dominos for theft and corruption of public funds.. She should take herself to jail for gross mismanagement - ignoring the fact shes likely just as bad as those below her in stealing money. The last thing I would ever try do is get back in Government if multiple members of my team were caught stealing and misappropriating public funds - the audacity to try and gain immunity through government office is absolutely disgusting. She is a pig.

I think its hard for him to leave his bubble - he doesn't have the ability to step back and look in. Unfortunately in his own head Macri's policy on immigration is making his job harder and so Macri is now the enemy - Cristinas open door immigration policy gave him more business. Now he is fighting judges all day trying to get wins for his clients. Ignore the fact that millions and millions of dollars have been stolen from the public - Cristina had the countries best interests at heart - just listen to her screech on TV. The sad thing is so many still drink her koolaid even after her minions go down like dominos for theft and corruption of public funds.. She should take herself to jail for gross mismanagement - ignoring the fact shes likely just as bad as those below her in stealing money. The last thing I would ever try do is get back in Government if multiple members of my team were caught stealing and misappropriating public funds - the audacity to try and gain immunity through government office is absolutely disgusting. She is a pig.

I think you try to portray him as much more benign than he actually is.

Back