A Serious Thread About Food In Argentina

I am considering a 2-3 year stay in Argentina, prefer small towns and like to cook my own meals. I am a simple farm boy, so it seems that beef, pork, chicken, and fish with fresh veggies is all that I require. I am hoping that there are farmers markets open year around? When I say small town, I mean fewer than 2,000 people, farm country or fishing village are fine, y yo hablo por la mayor parte. So, I'm looking for a small apartment or house to rent for a year at a time. I would hope that my current driver's license will allow me to drive in the country as well. I am open to lots of advice from expats who are not looking to take advantage of a newbie.... I've been around the block a couple of times, but love new experiences.

,,,,,,,,,,, y yo hablo por la mayor parte. So, I'm looking for a small apartment or house to rent for a year at a time

Well, mrdann you mention you Speak for the Mayority....???

In my Xp in several small towns (Bs, As. Province) of about 6000 inhabitants, no furnished apts for temporary rental, Long Term rentals require LOCAL Garantia, deposit, pay slip, etc.

Im sorry,but to put the US asa a standard for foods,its laughable and pathetic,food is french and spanish,taht is the example.
Americans well traveled?dude,75% of americans never had a passport
I know most of europe,some countries in Latin america,Israel and florida,Im much better traveled than most of your countrimend,and I still enjoy the food we have here

The diet of the average American is indeed dismal (and the average diet of the Argentine is becoming very similar by the way). But the US has maybe the best restaurants in the world right now, on par with France.
http://city-journal.org/mobile/story.php?s=5114#.VKwuWF7fwpE

Im sorry,but what ice cream shops dont have basic tastes?all have strawberry ,pinneaple,lemon,orange,peach,and many more without milks
also,all have ddl,chocolate,crream,vanilla,and many plain more

To give you an example: when there is DDL, they have N variants (DDL+chocolate, DDL+nuts, DDL granizado, etc).
When there is chocolate, they have N variants (chocolate italiano, chocolate suizo, chocolate, chocolate amargo).

http://www.freddo.co...es/default.aspx

In general, I find Argentinian main stream ice cream more distant from the basic ingredient (freddo, frio's, arnaldo, etc.). There is a place in San Isidro that does very good and plain ice cream, but it is more the exception than the rule.

Where can I find in Argentina a place where to sit down and have one of these delicious cups?

spaghetti-gelato-21.jpg
01+copia.jpg

fragolata-cn-gelato-e.jpg

Thye have plain ddl and plain chocolate as well.which ice cream tore doesnt have it???
You have via flaminia,in san isidro,don´t know if they have the same that you are looking for,but they are famous for their cups.

Back