A Tango Show Which Is Not A Rip-Off?

I love the shows at la Catedral... super authentic milonga (go late night like on a Monday and the tourists won't be there doing their intro lesson). Cheap entry, amazing tango song and bandoneon (?) was playing last time I went to show a friend from out of town.

La Catedral authentic milonga [for tourist] ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

La Catedral authentic milonga [for tourist] ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My thoughts exactly. Bohemian, marihuana, broken furniture. You can't get more authentic than that.

If not, what would you recommend instead?

food is always bad at milonga because people go to dance.
And dancers doesn't like outsiders.
I suggest you go and pay a tango show.

I actually wrote a blog post about milongas for none dancing tourists to go to.

http://www.therealargentina.com/argentinian-wine-blog/tango-in-buenos-aires-the-top-10-milongas/

I think if you aren't too loud, don't walk on the floor ( or "try" to dance) or take photos with your flash on. Most dancers won't mind you being in the milonga. They actually probably won't notice you at all.

Otherwise someone just told me of small tango show that is only 150 or so PESOS and was relatively good.. no dinner etc... It's on corrientes I will have to find the address.

If you need more help let me know. I am starting a small business in tango tours for non dancers.

Good luck!

Here is the show:

Añaranzas Tango
With the coupon you can get at Juvenil, that gets you 2 for 1 entry, it's $150 pesos for 2 people and last about an hour.

I haven't been but I have heard good things about it and I know the dancer that organizes it.

Jamila, thanks for that info-what is Juvanil? Do you mean with an adolescent it is 2 for 1?

I actually wrote a blog post about milongas for none dancing tourists to go to.

http://www.therealar...op-10-milongas/

I think if you aren't too loud, don't walk on the floor ( or "try" to dance) or take photos with your flash on. Most dancers won't mind you being in the milonga. They actually probably won't notice you at all.

Otherwise someone just told me of small tango show that is only 150 or so PESOS and was relatively good.. no dinner etc... It's on corrientes I will have to find the address.

If you need more help let me know. I am starting a small business in tango tours for non dancers.

Good luck!

Thank you Jamila, I enjoyed the article as well.

Back