A taste of Chacarita’s small restaurants

I have been to Julia and Tita. Julia is high end gourmet, and worth it.
Tita is in the Isla of Paternal, and its idiosyncratic, and quite good, but not crazy expensive.
Also in the Isla is the amazing Santa Ines, only open for lunch, very good.
 
Chacarita has so many gems. Their cafe scene has exploded, also. I'm still enamored with the alfajor de maní from Anchoíta Panaderia. It's the best I've tried in all of my years in Argentina. Their alfajor de papa, a close second. I thought I wasn't a big alfajor person until I picked them up here on a whim once. It's a great little neighborhood and I get there often thanks to my obsession with the nearby Mercado de Plugas.
 
Chacarita has so many gems. Their cafe scene has exploded, also. I'm still enamored with the alfajor de maní from Anchoíta Panaderia. It's the best I've tried in all of my years in Argentina. Their alfajor de papa, a close second. I thought I wasn't a big alfajor person until I picked them up here on a whim once. It's a great little neighborhood and I get there often thanks to my obsession with the nearby Mercado de Plugas.
I love Anchoíta Panadería too! The alfajores are amazing like you said, and they make some of the best chipa I've had. Their bread is super good, too. Last time I tried their date bread and it was incredible. They also have great service with some odd Palermo-style touches, like the servers bringing your napkins to the table dangling from long metal tweezers lol. I forget his name, but there's a Georgian server there that speaks great Spanish though he's only been here since 2022.
 
I love Anchoíta Panadería too! The alfajores are amazing like you said, and they make some of the best chipa I've had. Their bread is super good, too. Last time I tried their date bread and it was incredible. They also have great service with some odd Palermo-style touches, like the servers bringing your napkins to the table dangling from long metal tweezers lol. I forget his name, but there's a Georgian server there that speaks great Spanish though he's only been here since 2022.
I buy bread there weekly. It is so wonderful and the service, proper and warm. I always get the women servers but chances are I've seen the Georgian server, there are always two very kind male servers who greet me every weekend I walk up to the take-away counter. I agree with everything you say about the place. Now I have to try the chipa, but it's so hard for me not to order that alfajor de maní, it's the highlight to my week, but my budget won't allow me to buy both (I'll have to get another job to really indulge there like I used to...jeje)
 
Back
Top