Abandoned Dog And Cat For Adoption

joelie

Registered
Hi folks,

A neighbour of ours recently abandoned their very sweet german shepherd and I really need to find her a good home.

We are already struggling to care for a dog and a cat that were abandoned by other neighbours (a geriatric springer spaniel with health problems, and a gorgeous moggy) - plus two other cats that we had adopted in other circumstances - so we are already kind of past our limit with animal inhabitants.

The german shepherd (Catalina) is fully grown although probably only about a year old, so is still quite puppy like. She is very affectionate and eager to please and is learning quickly (being an intelligent breed of dog). Obviously I have no idea if she's vaccinated or desexed (I couldn't find a scar although that doesn't mean that she hasn't had the op). We have tested her out on some of the neighbour kids and she's very good and friendly with little kids. She's pretty good with the cats too (now that her initial excitement with chasing them has worn off), and that cats are pretty fine with her. She's clearly been disciplined a fair bit, although not trained much (although I've been able to teach her to sit and stay while I dish out her food. She's ok with coming when called when there's no other dogs around, but not so good if there is. she's already proven herself to be a bit of a good guardian, making a lot of noise when two thieves were going from roof to roof (including our roof) through the neighbourhood.

We would ideally like to re-home the other dog and cats as well, if anyone is able to provide a home for them, although the priority (for us) is the german shepherd.

But for those with an interest, we have two female cats, both of which are around 2-3 years old, who are both very sweet and loving. One is a pretty grey, the other are (in my opinion) beautiful black, brown and white tabby. The male cat, MIchu is black. He is not as affectionate but is very playful and sociable, and likes to play fetch. He is about 20 months old now. All the cats are neutered (and two of the cats up-to-date with their rabies vaccination).

If anyone knows of anyone who is wanting to adopt a beautiful dog or a beautiful cat - please get in touch. I can send pictures of the other dog and kitties if anyone is interested.catalina.jpg catalina2.jpg

Here are some useful websites for dogs and cats in Buenos Aires.

www.elcampitorefugio.org has animals for adoption. Longchamps, Provincia de BsAs

http://centromichimiau.com.ar/ rescues animals, gives them medical attention, and then finds suitable owners for adoption. After rescuing her in the neighborhood, I brought my cat's four kittens to them including a donation for their care until adopted. Palermo location.

www.protectorasarmiento.org is another organization that cares for animals to adopt. Montserrat location.

All organizations are run by volunteers and need donations for food and medicine.

Lost and Found registry:

www.losperrosperdidos.com.ar

When owners wants to find a lost pet, they put up fliers in the neighborhood. Otherwise, the animals have been abandoned.

Vacation care:

http://www.naricitasfrias.com.ar/pensionado.html will take care of your dog in Villa Crespo

Vaccination and Anti-rabies campaign by the city government provides free shots to cats and dogs in your neighborhood. Watch for signs posted with the date, time, and location. The Instituto de Zoonosis Luis Pasteur at Parque Centennario attends animals without charge. Some owners cannot afford the cost of annual vaccinations for 130 pesos or more.

A law was passed creating a Free Public Veterinary Hospital.
https://www.facebook.com/VamosPorElHospitalVeterinarioGratuito

The city estimates dogs in 9 million homes and cats in 3 million homes. I found my cat around the corner, fell in love with her, and brought her home six years ago.

Back