Land Registry - Abandoned Building

Girino

Registered
I have been feeding a small group of 2-3 cats since 6 months, one of them had kitties and they live in an sort of turret in the back of an abandoned building. I can see two kittens and they should be 2-2.5 months old now. They are not leaving the turret (AFAIK) but they are exiting from the broken window and roaming on a sort of roof.

They are still milk-fed and I can't sterilize the mom unless I catch the kittens first, I know the address of the building and I asked around but nobody knows whose house/building it is. The building facing on the street looks like it is abandoned, so I thought to ask to the land registry, though I have no experience with land registry in Argentina.

Will they give me the name of the owner? What if I can't get to talk with the owner or if the building is abandoned? Any way to enter lawfully?

I'm of no help on getting info on the building but you *can* spay a nursing cat. I wouldn't do it if the kittens were only a week old but at 2 months, no problem. The female will continue to produce milk if she is still nursing the kittens but at that age, she'll probably already be starting to wean them so esp don't worry.

If the property is located in Capital Federal, try el Registro de Propiedad Inmueble, Av Belgrano, 1130, right off 9 de Julio in Monserrat.

I'm of no help on getting info on the building but you *can* spay a nursing cat. I wouldn't do it if the kittens were only a week old but at 2 months, no problem. The female will continue to produce milk if she is still nursing the kittens but at that age, she'll probably already be starting to wean them so esp don't worry.

I am not concerned with her ability to keep milking, I am just afraid to leave the kittens unattended and not fed for 2 days (the night I'd catch the mom and the next day while she recovers from the anesthesia.)

Here are some useful websites for dogs and cats in Buenos Aires.

www.elcampitorefugio.org has animals for adoption. Longchamps, Provincia de BsAs

http://centromichimiau.com.ar/ rescues animals, gives them medical attention, and then finds suitable owners for adoption. After rescuing her in the neighborhood, I brought my cat's four kittens to them including a donation for their care until adopted. Palermo location.

www.protectorasarmiento.org is another organization that cares for animals to adopt. Montserrat location.

All organizations are run by volunteers and need donations for food and medicine.

Lost and Found registry:

www.losperrosperdidos.com.ar

When owners wants to find a lost pet, they put up fliers in the neighborhood. Otherwise, the animals have been abandoned.

Vacation care:

http://www.naricitas...pensionado.html will take care of your dog in Villa Crespo

A law was passed creating a Free Public Veterinary Hospital.
https://www.facebook...rinarioGratuito

The city estimates dogs in 9 million homes and cats in 3 million homes. I found my cat around the corner living in an abandoned building, fell in love with her, and brought her home seven years ago.

Is there a lot of traffic where you'd be seen? :p Because I'd probably just go in if possible. If you can't, then either call an animal society or let the cats be and live in the abandoned building. When the kittens are old enough to fend for themselves you can take the mother (and female kittens) to get spayed.

There's so many cats around the city, collecting them all and trying to find a home for each is an impossibility.

Unfortunately the building has no access from the street (except the main door and two big windows with shutters closed) and I can see the cats from around the block. There is a large parking lot of Edenor (Electricity utility) and it has a 24/7 security. Plus I don't think asking to go in to trespass the neighbour's property stand a chance.

The animal associations can't do a thing about it. What is needed is someone from Zoonosis acting upon this, but I don't think they provide such service.

2953ds8.png

Nice photo! Open yard, decent view, lots of green. It's abandoned you say? I've been looking for a place to quietly move my family into. I just hate the idea of actually paying for where I live! :)

It is located over the wall, in this pic from Google Street View there is a tree covering the building I am referring to. It belongs to an abandoned house accessible from the other street on the right.

Back