ABL in CABA will rise an average of 34% in 2019

gracielle

Registered
10/01/2018
https://www.clarin.com/ciudades/abl-ciudad-subira-34-promedio-ano-viene_0_z4yWG7c0q.html
This is what the 2019 Budget established by the Executive. Public works will be completed but they will not start new ones. And there will be more reductions in gross income for industries and construction.

The ABL will increase 34% on average, with a cap of 38%. There will be more discounts for compliant taxpayers. For those who are not behind in any monthly payment, the reduction will remain at 10%. If payment is by automatic debit the last installment will be waved , which is equivalent to another 8.33% in the reduction. For those who pay the whole year at once, at the usual 15% discount, another 5% will be added.

....in order to reduce the fiscal deficit, fruit of the negotiation between the Nation and the Provinces, next year the City will have to make changes to the subsidies that until now were covered by the Federal State. Specifically, the Nation will transfer the control of 33 bus lines (those that only circulate through Buenos Aires land). The City Government will have to cover the subsidies to fares, which is equivalent to $ 4.100 million. In the same way, it will have to pay the social tariff of the users of electricity ($ 700 million) and water ($ 380 million). As well as, the City will no longer have the
$870 million that would have come annually from the contribution of the so-called "Sojero Fund".....

...."One of the pillars of the budget is investment in areas such as Health, Education and Social Development, which account for 51% of the total, as well as financing for the completion of works such as the Paseo del Bajo and the Mitre and San Martín viaducts....Among the programmed infrastructure investments, the ones with the most funds will be those of Housing, with $ 11,243 million, of which $ 5,150 will go to continue the urbanization plan of Villa 31. In as much, the improvements in the network of subtes, between installation of air conditioning and opening of three stations of the line E, will take $ 4.033 million. The Security area will also have an important budget of almost $ 4,000 million.

Last edited:
Its still pretty reasonable, if you ask me. I have a friend right now who is trying to help sell a one bedroom loft apt in seattle, $550,000, and the taxes (equivalent of ABL) are about $4300 USD a year. My ABL in Buenos Aires is around 10% of that. Of course, my apt in BA isnt worth a half million dollars, either. But by world standards, ABL is very low.

All of these raises in basic service prices, though, are clear evidence of Macri's incompetence.
I am in favor or more investment in Villa 31 and for the Subte, however.

All in all, I prefer K to M.

Its still pretty reasonable, if you ask me. I have a friend right now who is trying to help sell a one bedroom loft apt in seattle, $550,000, and the taxes (equivalent of ABL) are about $4300 USD a year. My ABL in Buenos Aires is around 10% of that. Of course, my apt in BA isnt worth a half million dollars, either. But by world standards, ABL is very low.

All of these raises in basic service prices, though, are clear evidence of Macri's incompetence.
I am in favor or more investment in Villa 31 and for the Subte, however.

All in all, I prefer K to M.

I read these comments on this site all the time. People in Argentina do not earn salaries anywhere near what they are in Seattle. I assume too that a large % of those Seattle taxes go to public schools which must be a lot better than they are in BA. Those who live on normal Argentine salaries are going to feel the effect of the ABL increase which you consider 'pretty reasonable'.

I wonder what the neighbors in Recoleta have to say about the proposed plan......

18 July 2018
http://www.perfil.com/noticias/soci...31-con-la-recoleta-sera-la-sede-del-bid.phtml
A building-bridge that will connect Villa 31 with Recoleta will be the headquarters of the BID. It will have 3,800 m2 of offices and will cross the roads. On the roof they will create a linear park with 6 thousand m2 of green. The works will begin in 2019.

1538443608820.png

I read these comments on this site all the time. People in Argentina do not earn salaries anywhere near what they are in Seattle. I assume too that a large % of those Seattle taxes go to public schools which must be a lot better than they are in BA. Those who live on normal Argentine salaries are going to feel the effect of the ABL increase which you consider 'pretty reasonable'.

Like it or not, Recoleta and Palermo, just like Hyde Park or Chelsea, or the West End of Vancouver, or Soho or the upper East Side in Manhattan, are world barrios, not local ones. Which means prices are often based on global incomes, not local ones. Nobody in the Bronx makes enough money to pay Greenwich Village rents, and nobody in Inglewood earns salaries anywhere near what they are in Beverly Hills, less than 10 miles away. So, yes, by global standards, what you get for your tax dollar in Buenos Aires is a good deal- which is why something like an "expat blog" can exist at all.

And, in my opinion, residents of Recoleta benefit when the standard of living goes up in Villa 31, due to city utilities, police and fire service, schools and community centers. Villa 31 residents buy and sell their homes, and the incomes will go up, and the crime levels go down, if its a better, safer, more humane place to live. And I live less than a 20 minute walk from there, myself.

ABL is just one of many taxes on Argentina. I am not disputing that increases are necessary but one has to take into consideration corruption which diminishes the benefits of taxes. Consider all the good that could have been done with the fortune the Kirhcners robbed! In many cases people get very little for their tax dollars. Take pensions -- the system is very poor.

Everyone in the neighborhoods you cite is not wealthy. Most are middle class who live in small flats just managing to pay all the bills. They are not paid in USD or £s. And you cannot equate Recoleta or Palermo with elite areas of London or New York. Argentina is not the US or the UK or Canada. Argentina is not flooded with Middle Eastern and Asian billionaires driving prices up. Argentina is not a first tier nation and despite its charms, BA is simply not in the same league as New York or London. How many 'expats' are there in BA? Foreigners aren't even called expats in places like New York. What we have in BA is mostly a group of retired people of moderate means managing better than they could back home. Before inflation got out of control, there were a lot of backpacker types or younger people out of work who could live cheaply for awhile in BA but they have gone. In cities like New York foreigners are an integral part of the social and economic fabric of the city and they can find lots of work and contribute to the society, not just go out to dinner or meet in cafes. I doubt that more than 5% of the Argentine population can afford to indulge themselves in entertainment, restaurants and nightlife on more than an occasional basis, Obviously the neighborhoods you cite have a greater proportion of the 5% (though many live in Zona Norte or in barrios cerrados far from the city) but even within these neighborhoods there are many people struggling to pay bills.

I wonder what the neighbors in Recoleta have to say about the proposed plan......

18 July 2018
http://www.perfil.com/noticias/soci...31-con-la-recoleta-sera-la-sede-del-bid.phtml
A building-bridge that will connect Villa 31 with Recoleta will be the headquarters of the BID. It will have 3,800 m2 of offices and will cross the roads. On the roof they will create a linear park with 6 thousand m2 of green. The works will begin in 2019.

View attachment 5269
what a strange project to spend money on. is lack of office space really the issue in that area?

ABL is just one of many taxes on Argentina. I am not disputing that increases are necessary but one has to take into consideration corruption which diminishes the benefits of taxes. Consider all the good that could have been done with the fortune the Kirhcners robbed! In many cases people get very little for their tax dollars. Take pensions -- the system is very poor.

Everyone in the neighborhoods you cite is not wealthy. Most are middle class who live in small flats just managing to pay all the bills. They are not paid in USD or £s. And you cannot equate Recoleta or Palermo with elite areas of London or New York. Argentina is not the US or the UK or Canada. Argentina is not flooded with Middle Eastern and Asian billionaires driving prices up. Argentina is not a first tier nation and despite its charms, BA is simply not in the same league as New York or London. How many 'expats' are there in BA? Foreigners aren't even called expats in places like New York. What we have in BA is mostly a group of retired people of moderate means managing better than they could back home. Before inflation got out of control, there were a lot of backpacker types or younger people out of work who could live cheaply for awhile in BA but they have gone. In cities like New York foreigners are an integral part of the social and economic fabric of the city and they can find lots of work and contribute to the society, not just go out to dinner or meet in cafes. I doubt that more than 5% of the Argentine population can afford to indulge themselves in entertainment, restaurants and nightlife on more than an occasional basis, Obviously the neighborhoods you cite have a greater proportion of the 5% (though many live in Zona Norte or in barrios cerrados far from the city) but even within these neighborhoods there are many people struggling to pay bills.

People like to compare Buenos Aires to other cities as this justifies their arguments that it is cheap. It may be cheap for you with strong foreign currencies but for the pensioner who is lucky to get 200 dollars a month how can you justify building expenses and services close to 400 dollars a month. In Recoleta it is mostly populated by older ladies who in the main inherited their property and some savings which do not last forever. This is not a wealthy area like Palermo Chico or Puerto Madero where people are vastly wealthier and with cash flow

People like to compare Buenos Aires to other cities as this justifies their arguments that it is cheap. It may be cheap for you with strong foreign currencies but for the pensioner who is lucky to get 200 dollars a month how can you justify building expenses and services close to 400 dollars a month. In Recoleta it is mostly populated by older ladies who in the main inherited their property and some savings which do not last forever. This is not a wealthy area like Palermo Chico or Puerto Madero where people are vastly wealthier and with cash flow

Perry 's posts are very good. Listen to this wise man.

Back