Abortion to become legal.....

What's the label for someone who is against abortion morally but in favor of legalization? I've never liked either extreme of the issue, even as a religious person. Pro-Life extremists tend to be very unhinged and hypocritical, that is, they usually have nothing to say about childhood poverty in communities with higher rates of single mothers, and tend to not speak out against war (this ends children's lives too). Not to mention the violence against doctors. If only the Christian Right spent as much on opening orphanages as they do on influencing politics.

I wish there were more apolitical voices heard on this issue, and more discussion of it specifically from a public health perspective. That alone would suffice to make a strong argument in favor of legalization.

What's the label for someone who is against abortion morally but in favor of legalization? I've never liked either extreme of the issue, even as a religious person. Pro-Life extremists tend to be very unhinged and hypocritical, that is, they usually have nothing to say about childhood poverty in communities with higher rates of single mothers, and tend to not speak out against war (this ends children's lives too). Not to mention the violence against doctors. If only the Christian Right spent as much on opening orphanages as they do on influencing politics.

I wish there were more apolitical voices heard on this issue, and more discussion of it specifically from a public health perspective. That alone would suffice to make a strong argument in favor of legalization.

I think religious groups, the Catholic Church in particular, DO run many orphanages. And keep in mind that Pope Francis has been very outspoken about social injustice while upholding the Catholic view on the right to life. In addition he has added a prohibition of the death penalty to the catechism. I agree that there are pro-life extremists who are inconsistent but not everyone who believes that the right to life is the most fundamental of all rights is an extremist. The extremists are the ones who get media coverage. Those who are quieter and less politicized are less visible. What about the women from the villas who wrote to Pope Francis to express their concerns about abortion? Are they extremists? They got their letter published because a member of Congress intervened and because the Pope took the time to personally answer their letter.

Poverty, war, violence are all evils and need to be eradicated however the fact that some opponents of abortion are not on the front lines of movements to end these does not invalidate the belief that abortion is wrong.

What we've recently is a push to allow abortions right up until before birth if the mother so chooses. While I'm against abortion I think a fair compromise would be to allow terminations until there's an independent heartbeat. Until there's a heartbeat, brain activity, the fetus is just a clump of cells. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

What a great controversial topic to distract a large number of the population from what is really happening, what's next? invade the Falklands again?
Also , i believe my bird dog identifies as human, i'll be applying for her DNI soon
well...they did announce they were redoing the DNI design to include the other "areas of sovereignty" :)

What we've recently is a push to allow abortions right up until before birth if the mother so chooses. While I'm against abortion I think a fair compromise would be to allow terminations until there's an independent heartbeat. Until there's a heartbeat, brain activity, the fetus is just a clump of cells. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
I don´t think an abortion law can be constitutionally valid in Argentina.
The Bill of Rights recognize persons (free human being) since conception because this is how slavery was abolished in 1813 because all about slavery is to wait until fetus is born ro decide the status.
The reason is also legal because for roman slavery the slave was a potential person, a fetus, and this is why emancipation was the day of birth. Later the restitutio natalium (manumission retroactive to birth) was recognize and finally slavery was abolished from the free whom laws.
So the debate is deep and more difficult that it looks like because the right of life and death of his own children was the Suprema Power of the Pater familias (the father head of the family) but it was abolished about 2000 years ago because it was too barbarian. Feminist propose to resurrect it but on the mother's authority (mother familias) that is no less barbarian.
The side issue criminal lawyer are seeing is that the abortion in the Criminal Law has a very low penalty. If you erase this "privilege" enacted when persons were now recognized sin conception in 1921, then, it can be subsumed in the aggravated figure of the filicide that has lifetime of jail.

I don´t think an abortion law can be constitutionally valid in Argentina.
The Bill of Rights recognize persons (free human being) since conception because this is how slavery was abolished in 1813 because all about slavery is to wait until fetus is born ro decide the status.
The reason is also legal because for roman slavery the slave was a potential person, a fetus, and this is why emancipation was the day of birth. Later the restitutio natalium (manumission retroactive to birth) was recognize and finally slavery was abolished from the free whom laws.
So the debate is deep and more difficult that it looks like because the right of life and death of his own children was the Suprema Power of the Pater familias (the father head of the family) but it was abolished about 2000 years ago because it was too barbarian. Feminist propose to resurrect it but on the mother's authority (mother familias) that is no less barbarian.
The side issue criminal lawyer are seeing is that the abortion in the Criminal Law has a very low penalty. If you erase this "privilege" enacted when persons were now recognized sin conception in 1921, then, it can be subsumed in the aggravated figure of the filicide that has lifetime of jail.
That works for me. Whether Argentina can hold back the tide of sectarianism forever remains to be seen.

Back