About Joe's Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly quite, although you never heard me. Regardless, I bet it is not half as ridiculous as you stealing some guy's money, spending it, pretending you didn't steal it or spend it, saying you would return it, not returning it, offering to pay it in installments like he is a loan company, and then asking a forum to stop calling you names.

You've been here for 2 minutes. You don't know me. OK. So, like... where do you even get the... never mind. I'm calling them "installments" because I want to show Joe that I'm for real, so I will send him something to show that. Then when I see him in person he can get the rest of his money. That's all. It wasn't a loan. Like, get a life. Also, your story about how I "go around Buenos Aires asking people to store things for me in the off chance that they will ask me to get them money", is just ridiculous. In the 15 months I've been in South America I always did 2 day visa runs. This was the only time I decided to stay longer in Uruguay. And only one other person has stored things for me. Even her, in her inaccurate and completely ridiculous claims, admitted that I took nothing from her, so, honestly... I think that you need more than one isolated incident to know someone.

The other stuff is crap? I presume you take exception to being called a thief. Fair enough, so do you have the exact $1000 he gave you waiting to give back to him? If you do I would avoid paying him in installments and just cough up. I think we all know how this is going to end, Joe is keeping the faith but he probably knows too.

If I intended to do that, what possible use would I have for being here reading your b.s.? I would just disappear and go live large with the "booty". Now, please, just.... use some common sense.

You've been here for 2 minutes. You don't know me. OK. So, like... where do you even get the... never mind. I'm calling them "installments" because I want to show Joe that I'm for real, so I will send him something to show that. Then when I see him in person he can get the rest of his money. That's all. It wasn't a loan. Like, get a life. Also, your story about how I "go around Buenos Aires asking people to store things for me in the off chance that they will ask me to get them money, is just ridiculous" in the 15 months I've been in South America I always did 2 day visa runs. This was the only time I decided to stay longer in Uruguay. And only one other person has stored things for me. Even her, in her inaccurate and completely ridiculous claims, admitted that I took nothing from her, so, honestly... I think that you need more than one isolated incident to know someone.

So I have to be here longer than 2 minutes to know that someone who takes someone else's money and then spends it is not a thief, because they have been talking on a forum for what, 20 minutes you've been here?

I think Joe would think you were like, really for real man, if you paid it all back in one go.

I do not profess to know you, but aside from the name calling and all the crap, the one fact of all this is you spent his money and didn't return it.

I am not sure what getting a life has to do with it. You have one I presume needing to spend someone else's money? I am in the wrong career, crime pays it seems and gives you "a life".

Fair enough on the con artist thing, a little fanciful I admit. However, I imagine it is not quite as fantastic as the yarns you have spun as to why you have not yet returned the money.

If I intended to do that, what possible use would I have for being here reading your b.s.? I would just disappear and go live large with the "booty". Now, please, just.... use some common sense.
IG, I am glad you appeared and answered some of the questions. I will forgive you and forget about this if you pay Joe back. Thanks. It's still not too late.

So I have to be here longer than 2 minutes to know that someone who takes someone else's money and then spends it is not a thief, because they have been talking on a forum for what, 20 minutes you've been here?

I think Joe would think you were like, really for real man, if you paid it all back in one go.

I do not profess to know you, but aside from the name calling and all the crap, the one fact of all this is you spent his money and didn't return it.

I am not sure what getting a life has to do with it. You have one I presume needing to spend someone else's money? I am in the wrong career, crime pays it seems and gives you "a life".

Fair enough on the con artist thing, a little fanciful I admit. However, I imagine it is not quite as fantastic as the yarns you have spun as to why you have not yet returned the money.

Things aren't black or white. I think that knowing someone does help you put thing into perspective. That's beside the point though. There was never an intent to cause him any harm. This is not theft. You can spin it anyway you want but arguing with you was not the reason why I came here to post again. I will not reply to any other public post until this has been taken care of. Feel free to go around saying how I conspired to embezzle myself some life changing money from a friend. Have a blast.

Whether all of this is/was on purpose or not, it really sucks for Joe.

I just want everyone to know that not all Texans are like this. We already have a bad enough name . . . .

Why does a thief try to justify it by saying the money is not life changing? When I was 10 I stole a chocolate bar from the local store, it didn't or could never change my life, but in that moment I was a thief. Trying to imply because the money is relatively low it was not worth stealing is nonsense. However, I will concede as the point of the thread was not this.

Whether all of this is/was on purpose or not, it really sucks for Joe.

I just want everyone to know that not all Texans are like this. We already have a bad enough name . . . .
Maybe it's because wherever you go it's Lone Stars and Bull Horns and Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back