About the Tractorazo

Redpossum

Registered
Did you folks see the pictures? Did you notice all the tractors were ancient old relics, but the government says those people are rich landowners?

OK, this picture shows a few green John Deere tractors that look like they might not be more than 20-30 years old
The red ones are probably Case, IH, or Massey Ferguson

A few more green John Deere models, but nothing that looks like it was made this century

I did see a few turn up on LA Nacion crying "no podemos vivir" while driving new 0km pick up trucks that must set owners back at least 6M pesos in today's market.

Maybe it's the 5th cuota on the fourth Hilux for the son studying in Miami that is pushing them over the edge, who knows...

Tractorazo? A few, like ten or less, mostly ancient, tractors drove right past my apartment with a few more pickups in tow. A non-event by Argentine protest standards. It was really lame.

Anyway most of the porteños that went along were taking the opportunity to take a swipe at things like the government’s idiotic economic “strategy” of simply thinking up new taxes to impose on anyone they perceive to actually make some money on top of the various taxes that already exist, instead of simply tightening their belts and spending less, or perish the thought, making changes to make the country more competitive so it can actually make more money that will bring in more tax revenue without actually needing more taxes. (All this at a time when they just announced they will purchase a new presidential jet, the replace the one they spend millions trying to fix only to figure out they couldn’t, because that’s obviously what any country with 40% poverty needs most in addition to a state funded airline with 80+ aircraft costing it almost a billion dollars a year. Ah pero some farmers drive a Hilux... what an intolerable decadence.)

Did you folks see the pictures? Did you notice all the tractors were ancient old relics, but the government says those people are rich landowners?

OK, this picture shows a few green John Deere tractors that look like they might not be more than 20-30 years old

A few more green John Deere models, but nothing that looks like it was made this century
I don’t think they are used nowadays. That’s why they are old.

D385CA35-CB48-45B6-9297-DC6D0FAAFBE7.jpeg

Ah, I see. I was being naive. Again. So they have modern machinery at home, but they break out grandpa's old relic for the tractorazo to look humble.

Ah, I see. I was being naive. Again. So they have modern machinery at home, but they break out grandpa's old relic for the tractorazo to look humble.
Or maybe just to... you know... keep being productive... use the old one to put on a show while the farm hands at home use the good one? After-all it’s not like these guys are receiving social plans or food in exchange for attending protests or anything like that.

It's hard to feel bad for the campo guys because they tend to be the richest folks here. That being said, I do feel bad for them in regards to bad weather and climate change, the unequal access to the MULC (selling their crops at the "official" exchange rate, but constantly having problems with accessing parts/supplies), and the silo bag attacks (it's just a waste of food).

I also find these pictures interesting, rich K kids with their iPhones making fun of rich JxC kids while the average Argentine makes a fraction of what they did a decade ago:

ffdqhmnzjiv81.jpg

It's also always fun to watch the different ñoquis get all worked up about cortes and piqueteros, and which movement is a legitimate protest or not. I've made a helpful chart to summarize how they view each other:

Movement
JxC
Ks
FIT-U
"Libertarians"
Movement Evita/
Barrios de Pie​
Lazy plan recipients blocking people from work​
The true voice of the people​
Useful idiots​
Cristina's Hitlerjugend​
The Campo​