Aduana issues & hidden DHL fees..

We use DHL on a monthly bases to send big envelopes with documents. We never had any problem, never had to pay anything extra, they were always delivered at our door. Here we have to bring it to a DHL office, in Belgium they pick it up at our office.

Never lost anything (exept once a B/L in the DHL plane that crashed in the black sea).

We use them not only to and from Argentina, but to and from countries all over the world.

I don't know if the fact that we have an "account number" has anything to do with it. We get monthly invoices.

Once we bought 2 vases in Africa and send them home, they weren't packed well and were broken. They paid us back the value of the vases and the transport we had paid.

SaraSara said:
Even though DHL uses subcontractors in the US, they are still responsible for their performance. If they can't guarantee reliable service, they should shut down completely.
I agree Ms Sara.

I would believe having a "business account" and being a regular customer makes a big difference. But, I am certain that personal items, (ebay, amazon, etc.) versus business letters and papers is the huge difference. Not much resell value on documents (except maybe passports,IDs, emails about nefarious corporate goings-on).

Back