Adult Night School

escape004

Registered
Hello. I really want to attend an institute in Buenos Aires that requires me to have my high school documents verified (it's an official carrera). I'm from the USA and have been told that it's not guaranteed that they will accept my documents as they are even though they are notarized/apostilled (by a lawyer and a company that helps with the convalidacion). I graduated from a tiny, private high school 20 years ago and they aren't very interested in tweaking what they have provided me with. Is there some sort of night school I can attend and, if so, can foreigners attend? I understand that everything would be in Spanish, just wondering if that's a possibility. I don't want to risk moving there to start this process only to be unable to enroll in the school. Thanks in advance for any help.

I graduated from a tiny, private high school 20 years ago and they aren't very interested in tweaking what they have provided me with.
So, do you have your high school diploma or not? If you do and need to apostille it, and the school is not cooperative, go to the school district, county clerk, or whoever handles these matters outside of the school itself.

You can do an accelerated secondary school diploma for adults which lasts 2 years minimum. You can do it from home if you prefer. There is well known institute called Mariano Moreno. However to be accepted you need a primary school certificate … if you don’t have a primary school certificate you can also do a course for adults with the Buenos Aires local government it is much shorter I believe just a few months.

Hello. I really want to attend an institute in Buenos Aires that requires me to have my high school documents verified (it's an official carrera). I'm from the USA and have been told that it's not guaranteed that they will accept my documents as they are even though they are notarized/apostilled (by a lawyer and a company that helps with the convalidacion). I graduated from a tiny, private high school 20 years ago and they aren't very interested in tweaking what they have provided me with. Is there some sort of night school I can attend and, if so, can foreigners attend? I understand that everything would be in Spanish, just wondering if that's a possibility. I don't want to risk moving there to start this process only to be unable to enroll in the school. Thanks in advance for any help.
I went through this process. I graduated in 1996. My high school provided me with my transcripts they had notarized, which I then took to an apostille and had translated. etc. Once this paperwork arrived in Argentina I was informed the Ministry of Education wanted the diploma. I do not have my diploma anymore. I requested a diploma from my high school (I went to a small private school) they had to make a special order for it and I had to pay ( I never ended up getting the diploma from them, I also never paid).

My advice to you is try and find the diploma, the school needs to notarize it, then you can take it for the apostille . Once you have the apostille you have to have it translated THEN you have to have the Ministry of Education validate it here. They key is taking it to the Ministry of Education. If they validate it, most universities will accept it.

Is there anything you can do if you have no certificates at all? I didn't finish highschool and I went to a tiny primary school in Australia 8 hours drive from Sydney, with 30 students in total, which closed down when the hippies forced the wood mill which employed 85 % of the towns residents to close

You can do an accelerated secondary school diploma for adults which lasts 2 years minimum. You can do it from home if you prefer. There is well known institute called Mariano Moreno. However to be accepted you need a primary school certificate … if you don’t have a primary school certificate you can also do a course for adults with the Buenos Aires local government it is much shorter I believe just a few months.
Thanks! This is what I was looking for!

I went through this process. I graduated in 1996. My high school provided me with my transcripts they had notarized, which I then took to an apostille and had translated. etc. Once this paperwork arrived in Argentina I was informed the Ministry of Education wanted the diploma. I do not have my diploma anymore. I requested a diploma from my high school (I went to a small private school) they had to make a special order for it and I had to pay ( I never ended up getting the diploma from them, I also never paid).

My advice to you is try and find the diploma, the school needs to notarize it, then you can take it for the apostille . Once you have the apostille you have to have it translated THEN you have to have the Ministry of Education validate it here. They key is taking it to the Ministry of Education. If they validate it, most universities will accept it.
Yeah, it's quite a pain when you aren't a recent graduate.

Is there anything you can do if you have no certificates at all? I didn't finish highschool and I went to a tiny primary school in Australia 8 hours drive from Sydney, with 30 students in total, which closed down when the hippies forced the wood mill which employed 85 % of the towns residents to close
Read 007gaucho's comment. There are accelerated secondary schools you may be able to attend online.

Back