Advice And Information For Future Expat In Ba

Thank you so much for this all information.

Does anyone know how to go enroll in a course for Spanish on UBA and how much cost?
Nobody Replying to email from there?!

And ... one more thing, is it okay that an employer to ask for position jobs in a bar and restaurant, for my picture in my CV?

Like most things with UBA you will have to go in person to register. Here is the site: http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/content/espa%C3%B1ol-para-extranjeros, IF you are lucky they will post the registration dates. They may post current fees as well.

Here in Argentina pretty much any job, not just ones in bars and restaurants, ask for a photo.

Yikes, that sounds like someone that's been listening a little too much to the news! There are a lot of cheaper areas that are as safe, or even more safe than Recoleta (remember, Recoleta has seen the lovely return of the quemacoches band... maybe not injuring people right now, but were you to cross them in the middle of that action I wouldn't be surprised if you were threatened). I'm just saying that living in Recoleta or another very expensive barrio doesn't guarantee safety. There are a lot of middle class neighbourhoods that are cheaper and perfectly fine safety-wise. Like any barrio, you need to learn the good parts and the parts to avoid. Cheaper barrios don't mean La Boca or even Baracas, I'm thinking more like Boedo, Almagro, Villa Urquiza, some areas of Chacarita (some are icky at night), Saavedra, Coghlan, some parts Colegiales (because some parts are just as expensive as Palermo/Belgrano). There's a whole lot more barrios out there. 300 USD is 1500 pesos in conservative estimates right now, that's a lot of money. In fact, in a lot of barrios I just mentioned, that would be your rent.

Also, 300USD "compensate for additional travel time", well you'd have to take a TONNE of cabs to even come close to spending that much, so yeah, there's a lot of people out there that would say sure, it will compensate.

The beauty of this board is to hear various opinions, for someone to choose where to live.
However if you take ONE taxicab a day for $50 pesos (Caballito to Center, one way) you spend $1500 per month....!!
Personal safety is an intangible that can't be measured in dollars and cents.

Like most things with UBA you will have to go in person to register. Here is the site: http://www.idiomas.f...ara-extranjeros, IF you are lucky they will post the registration dates. They may post current fees as well.

Here in Argentina pretty much any job, not just ones in bars and restaurants, ask for a photo.

Well,I see I have to go in person ... ok ...
but I'm interested to know the course price for the initial finances before I come.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]What a photo should be? I do not have much of a professional. What backround and similar is good?[/background]

I know that UBA was offering month long Spanish courses in Jan and Feb for about $140 a week for intensive, either 15 or 20 hours a week. I don't think you will find much cheaper- the longer you sign up for (semesters, trimesters) the cheaper it will be. Lenguas Vivas on Carlos Pelligrini used to be a very good/cheap school, not sure if they are still offering classes but you could research that place.

In terms of photos I don't think you need to do anything special a la glamour shots- do a simple shoulder up shot, have a friend take one...

At UBA for 60 hours the cost for a person who is not a resident of Argentina and is registering for the first time is 3365 pesos which is about 56 pesos an hour.
http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/aranceles

Almost every CV I've seen here has the person's photo on it. Employers often use the photo, along with your age, to decide if they want to hire you or not.

I'm really not kidding.

Well then is similar like in Serbia.With photography and age and private questions about life single/married...
So i will be fine :)
Just last couple years i wasn't there and i little lost sense how look like that . But i will survive .

Thank you so much ,i know that dont kidding.

For Serbia i am old for some jobs :)

Back