Advice for moving to Buenos Aires

What you say is TRUE for an unfurnished apt. with GARANTIA, on a 2 year contract payable in pesos.... For a furnished place on a Temporary rental basis $600 will get you a room in a shared appt. maybe shared Bathroom

You can find a private room in a shared apartment for $400, but yeah for a furnished place to yourself, probably $700 minimum. Mine is about $800 a month currently.

Airbnb is a good place to look if you want piece of mind at the cost of being overcharged a bit.

What you say is TRUE for an unfurnished apt. with GARANTIA, on a 2 year contract payable in pesos.... For a furnished place on a Temporary rental basis $600 will get you a room in a shared appt. maybe shared Bathroom

Can you use the same homes as a garantia to rent more than one property?

Can you use the same homes as a garantia to rent more than one property?

I always found it funny you can't use your own personal property that you own or a property in your own name. You have to ask someone else. I've been a guarantor for several friends over the years. I haven't in a while but although I own several properties, I always just used the same property for the guarantia and no one ever said anything. I just had to provide a copy of the escritura.

I always found it funny you can't use your own personal property that you own or a property in your own name. You have to ask someone else. I've been a guarantor for several friends over the years. I haven't in a while but although I own several properties, I always just used the same property for the guarantia and no one ever said anything. I just had to provide a copy of the escritura.
a notary must study the escritura and reject it if used many times....

a notary must study the escritura and reject it if used many times....

Maybe things are more organized now. Rich One, do you know what the definition of "many times" is? I used one of my properties at least 3 times in one year before but that was a few years ago. Although I'm not sure how much more efficient things are now. You've been in Argentina long enough to know that probably in many cases, they just go through the motions to make sure you have someone that you ask to be the guarantor and sign and put up their property but I'm not sure how extensive they check or what systems are in place to make sure that you can't use the property over again. Nothing is too organized in Argentina in my experience.

I have lived 15 years in Buenos Aires.

I'd say for the last 5 years the Inmobiliarias require a search certified by a Notary Public to determine the quality of a Garantia If used many times (the liens are duly registered in the Properties Records) the Lessor can reject it , this search had a Cost of $700 pesos to be borne by the Lessee. Maybe during your times, Your XP was different ??

I have lived 15 years in Buenos Aires.

I'd say for the last 5 years the Inmobiliarias require a search certified by a Notary Public to determine the quality of a Garantia If used many times (the liens are duly registered in the Properties Records) the Lessor can reject it , this search had a Cost of $700 pesos to be borne by the Lessee. Maybe during your times, Your XP was different ??

The last time I did this was about 3 years ago. I guess it had been a little less than 2 year before that as I had another friend that still hadn't finished their two year lease but I didn't have any problem using the same Escritura.

Like you, I've been in Argentina 15+ years. But the past few years going back and forth in and out of Argentina.

Back