Advice On Best Tango Class In Ba For 2-3 Weeks

Natasha_1234

Registered
Hi all,

I will be arriving in Buenos Aires on 12th January and wondered if anyone could offer any advice on the best place to learn Tango. I will be travelling alone so thought this would be a cool way to experience Buenos Aires. Ideally looking for affordable classes, and maybe photography classes too if possible. I've heard that there are Centros Culturales in BA though not sure if they offer tango classes?

Many thanks,

Natasha

El beso is the best place to learn:
http://www.laacademiatango.com/content/clases?lang=es

I visited BsAs for several months last winter to work on my tango. There are two tango schools that I would suggest starting out with, DNI in Palermo and Mariposita in San Telmo. Teaching in both Spanish and English, they both attract a diverse, international group of dancers at all levels and offer group lessons as well as private lessons at very affordable prices. The focus is more on technique than on learning new steps and patterns. These schools teach tango salon with some nuevo, going back and forth in close and open embrace; rather than the more traditional milonguero, single axis style that you find in the central milongas. DNI and Mariposita are not the be all end all of tango schools in BsAs, but they're good places to start, learn about the tango scene in the city and meet fellow tango aficionados.

Hi Natasha. I went to El Beso on Riobamba today for the first time. If you dont speak spanish you will miss out of some instructions (they do speak a little bit of english but the class was mainly held in spanish)but it was still nice and cheap. The room is a bit small and really crowded and that was a bit annoying. Its 65 pesos per class and each class is 2 hours with a "practice" to follow where you can watch more experienced dancers or practice your steps. Over all its pretty nice and Ill be going back. I think I will try the one in Palermo too and I can check back with info about that one too.

The dance floor at milonga is super crowded (here), so, it is a good place to learn ;).

The dance floor at milonga is super crowded (here), so, it is a good place to learn ;).

True but the amount of time we spent moving around and stopping for people that bumped in to us was a bit to much for a paying class in my opinion. Still, nice place and prev stated :)

Back