AEP stopover Question

sdsurfista

Registered
Next Wed I'm arriving international into AEP and then connecting domestic. Checked bags, same ticket on Aerolineas (Asuncion - AEP - Cordoba)

I'm wondering whether I need to pick up luggage and pass through customs (US style). Or will bag be checked through to final destination? (Europe style)

And if it is US style do I drop the bags off again in the customs area or do I have to wait in the ticketing line at AEP 😳? I am guessing Aerolineas will give me boarding pass for both segments at ASU, but not sure about the situation with the bags.

Finally is 2hr 40min safe from arrival to departure ? thanks !

that should be plenty of time. AEP isn't very big. you'll have time even if you have to recheck bags (don't know the answer there)

AIUI the custom (sorry about the pun) worldwide is that you have to pass your bags through customs at the point of arrival into your destination country. Which in your case will be AEP. You'll have plenty of time, though, as @sts7049 says.

I just found out there was a Aerolineas office near my place so i stopped by and the guy told me I will have to carry my bags back to the check in counter but he said I could bypass the line as I will already have the boarding pass. He said as long as you have 90min at AEP you are fine.

I just found out there was a Aerolineas office near my place so i stopped by and the guy told me I will have to carry my bags back to the check in counter but he said I could bypass the line as I will already have the boarding pass. He said as long as you have 90min at AEP you are fine. Thanks for the replies nonetheless !

If the arrival airport is an international one, then you can have your bags checked all the way to your final destination. You will enter the country at AEP but collect your luggage at Cordoba but at a different place than the domestic passengers where you will pass through the customs. This is what we were told by the aerolineas some years ago.

That contradicts what they told me last week, but I could see how either is possible. I will find out tomorrow !

That contradicts what they told me last week, but I could see how either is possible. I will find out tomorrow !
I’ve done quite a few transfers like this. If you purchased your ticket with the same airline they will check your luggage all the way through. My most recent time I did this was a month ago from Sofia to Corfu via Athens. I was also nervous so was sure to double check with the check in staff this was the case, and they assured me so. The only problem is that the Athens to Corfu flight departed without a full cargo of about 20 bags. Needless to say they apologised profusely and subsequently flew my missing bag to Corfu the following morning.

In any case, if it’s the same airline, your checked baggage will be handled from the start of the itinerary until the end without you needing to do anything

I’ve done quite a few transfers like this. If you purchased your ticket with the same airline they will check your luggage all the way through. My most recent time I did this was a month ago from Sofia to Corfu via Athens. I was also nervous so was sure to double check with the check in staff this was the case, and they assured me so. The only problem is that the Athens to Corfu flight departed without a full cargo of about 20 bags. Needless to say they apologised profusely and subsequently flew my missing bag to Corfu the following morning.

In any case, if it’s the same airline, your checked baggage will be handled from the start of the itinerary until the end without you needing to do anything
Also as an addendum as I’ve just seen your example stated it may differ from Americas to Europe, I’ve flown to Buenos Aires via Sao Paolo quite a few times and my checked baggage has always carried through

Also as an addendum as I’ve just seen your example stated it may differ from Americas to Europe, I’ve flown to Buenos Aires via Sao Paolo quite a few times and my checked baggage has always carried through
Yes, but San Pablo is in Brazil. The accepted practice AIUI is that immigration and customs are dealt with at the first point of entry to the destination country. Imagine what would happen if they carried an individual all the way to Cordoba and only then discovered that they were to be refused entry to the country?

Back