Aerolineas Argentinas and Flight to NZ

Aerolineas, actually have one of the best safety records of any airline, that said they are beset with delays, but cheap. Like others here, having been stranded in Madrid on a number of occasions, I also have decided, it is not worth the savings.
There is also the problem for me that I can get no through ticketing to Manchester (London is too far for me).
The planes may be old but you get a bit more leg room. They do have an alliance with BMI but they don't fly to Manchester either.
Basically, you pays your money, you takes your choice. I won't use them again, but if price is your main consideration, go for it.

This has been really helpful, thank you for the feedback. I get the picture.
Cheri

This story of "safety record" is not enough. They have the worst customer service ever. Rude attendants, rude telephone manners, and the list goes on and on.
My friend got stranded twice with them and was very badly treated in both times.
I'm trying to get a refund from cancelled flights and the attendant to me "stop calling".
Others laugh at you.
Avoid this airline. Avoid it by all means. The pain is not worth the savings. Honestly. :eek:

Flew them to Europe, and I only wish the flight would have been cancelled! None of the electronics or seats in my row functioned. Only one bathroom was working by the end of the flight, actually 2 but the flight attendents put an out of order sign on a working one, so they could have their own private bathroom. I have flown a fair amount in my lifetime and never heard the whining and groaning noises this plane made. It´s a matter of time till they find a way to drop one out of the sky by corruption or inability to take responsability.

I've flown Aerolineas 10 times between Ezeiza and Miami, as it's one of the few nonstop flights, and by far the cheapest. Contrary to others' experiences, my trips have always been comfortable and uneventful. The first plane I took, back in 2009, was old, but since then they've been using newer aircrafts. The movies they show are pretty lame, but you have a choice between watching them in English or Spanish. The longest delay I've encountered was 2 hours out of EZE, but we got into Miami just 30 minutes late. They've remembered my vegetarian meal 8 out of 10 times, and once when they didn't, the flight attendant gave me one of the crew's meatless plates (I don't eat airplane food, but still, it was nice to have the option.) If prices and flight times are comparable, I'd choose LAN, but when AA is $400-500 cheaper, I'm comfortable flying with them.

I've flown with them before, but they aren't always the cheapest. LAN is sometimes cheaper, and I've had better luck with them than with AArgentinas. Last time I flew it was with American Airlines, which was the first time I ever had a flight cancelation (which required a 10 hour wait - but at least they sent us to a hotel.)

Also be aware that AArgentinas goes on strike quite a bit - I've never had the misfortune to miss a flight because of a strike, but it's something to keep in mind. They also tend to overbook in the summer, so get there early (I've been bumped from a flight before.)

Back