AFIP Form to Buy Dollars for Traveling

Desde2008

Registered
I will be traveling in a few months and am looking for the AFIP form that people are talking about in order to buy dollars legally. Does anyway have any experience with this process lately? I am curious as to how many dollars they will allow me to purchase? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
:)

If you can't log on, then you will need to go to AFIP personally to get the password reset. I will try at Plaza de Mayo tomorrow as last time they sent me to my 'local' office in Urquiza, I was not impressed. Love the administration here! Oh and it's 45 days before right?

qpaso said:
I will try at Plaza de Mayo tomorrow as last time they sent me to my 'local' office in Urquiza, I was not impressed. Love the administration here!

Whether you are impressed or not you will have to go back to the local office. Only the office corresponding to your legal domicile will attend you!

qpaso said:
Oh and it's 45 days before right?
Is that time frame accurate? I am curious how many dollars they will allow a couple that will be traveling to the USA for 2 weeks will be allowed to purchase. Anyone been down this road recently? Do you have to prove that you spent all the dollars in the USA and return any dollars not spent back to the AFIP?

Desde2008 said:
Is that time frame accurate? I am curious how many dollars they will allow a couple that will be traveling to the USA for 2 weeks will be allowed to purchase. Anyone been down this road recently? Do you have to prove that you spent all the dollars in the USA and return any dollars not spent back to the AFIP?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to return the unspent dollars. From what I heard they let you buy $100 per day more or less. The Central Bank no longer permits purchases of dollars for "atesoramiento" (hoarding).

Back