Now For Residents To Travel Abroad You Need To Inform Afip.

Alicia karr

Registered
I found this article buried amidst the power outages news in today's LaNacion.....now we have to give our CUIT numbers to AFIP before we can receive our international travel tickets??? Do I understand this correctly?! Will they ask for your first born son next? Another attempt to prevent travel outside of Argentina???......
Please paste the link as I don't know how to get it to link automatically!

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1648684-para-viajar-ahora-hay-que-informar-el-cuit-o-el-cuil

This only applies to Argentines who are residing in Argentina, not foreign residents. And the article seems to only have spoken with Aerolineas Argentina, Austral and a customer of Baquebus. Doesn't seem like a general decree. It seems you can avoid all the paperwork if you go with another airline since you're only required to give these numbers when you purchase tickets with these companies.

Who knows what this government is cooking up now. We'll see. I'd be careful though since usually there are decretos for such policies and as far as I can tell there isn't one out about this yet.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that this doesn't apply to all residents. Only Argentine citizens.

EDIT:

I don't think this has anything to do with preventing travel. They don't care if Argentines leave. They just don't want the dollars leaving along with them. But yes, IF this is true, and like I said so far there is no evidence that this is state policy enforced by AFIP, then it will affect travel of Argentines. But the goal of the government is not to stop anyone from traveling. They're just panicking about depleting dollar reserves and instead of fixing their own policies, they're punishing the citizens of the country...well, what can I say, you deserve the government you elect.

Question to obtain a CUIL number one has to visit ANSES in person?

If you visit the Anses page one can obtain a number , is this valid? However can't print it..? it shows as 20-DNI-8

http://mi-cuil.com.ar/#ansescuil

This only applies to Argentines who are residing in Argentina, not foreign residents. And the article seems to only have spoken with Aerolineas Argentina, Austral and a customer of Baquebus. Doesn't seem like a general decree. It seems you can avoid all the paperwork if you go with another airline since you're only required to give these numbers when you purchase tickets with these companies.

Who knows what this government is cooking up now. We'll see. I'd be careful though since usually there are decretos for such policies and as far as I can tell there isn't one out about this yet.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that this doesn't apply to all residents. Only Argentine citizens.

EDIT:

I don't think this has anything to do with preventing travel. They don't care if Argentines leave. They just don't want the dollars leaving along with them. But yes, IF this is true, and like I said so far there is no evidence that this is state policy enforced by AFIP, then it will affect travel of Argentines. But the goal of the government is not to stop anyone from traveling. They're just panicking about depleting dollar reserves and instead of fixing their own policies, they're punishing the citizens of the country...well, what can I say, you deserve the government you elect.

Hope you are correct! my reading is that applies to all residents.... time will tell

The article says:

Es obligatorio para todos los argentinos que se trasladen al exterior, incluso para los menores de 18 años

"Les recordamos que para el pago de reservas, los pasajeros residentes argentinos deberán informar el CUIT o CUIL. Agradeceremos que tenga la documentación a mano."

Like I said though, there is no decreto about it that I can find. The article seems to suggest that this only affects argentines - which doesn't make it okay. Just doesn't affect foreigners (the article never even mentions foreigners).

Question to obtain a CUIL number one has to visit ANSES in person?

If you visit the Anses page one can obtain a number , is this valid? However can't print it..? it shows as 20-DNI-8

http://mi-cuil.com.ar/#ansescuil

Go to: www.anses.gob.ar Click on "Constancia de CUIL". Enter your details. Enter the captcha. Get your CUIL. You can click on Imprimir to save it as PDF that you can print out. If you get a corrupt PDF file, use a different browser.

If none of this works, visit ANSES.

I understand they are not officially restricting travel, but the application of this policy which I understood came from Etchevarry himself, practically speaking puts another obstacle between a traveler and leaving the country, which in this case could expose one to more scrutiny from AFIP and some will for sure experience it as intimidating.
I'm sure no one "elected" this to happen!

"Residentes argentinos" doesn't that simply mean "Argentine residents?" Of whom I am one by virtue of my DNI, NO?

I understand they are not officially restricting travel, but the application of this policy which I understood came from Etchevarry himself, practically speaking puts another obstacle between a traveler and leaving the country, which in this case could expose one to more scrutiny from AFIP and some will for sure experience it as intimidating.
I'm sure no one "elected" this to happen!

Sure it does. I'm not saying it doesn't affect argentines. Read my post again.

IF this is true, and like I said so far there is no evidence that this is state policy enforced by AFIP, then it will affect travel of Argentines.

As for "electing" it. What do people expect when they keep reelecting corrupt thugs into power? That they'll all of a sudden have a miraculous realization that they're there to "serve the people"? Nope. You deserve the government you elect and this is exactly what 54% of the argentines voted for. Corruption and thuggery.

Anyway, there usually are decretos for these things. If anyone can find a decreto regarding this, that'd be great since so far its just La Nacion making calls around to people.

"Residentes argentinos" doesn't that simply mean "Argentine residents?" Of whom I am one by virtue of my DNI, NO?

LOL sure. You can make whatever you want of it. But the article only addresses argentines who are registered as residents of argentina. As opposed to argentines who permanently live abroad.

Back